Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Naa I've pulled out - just not worth it in my eyes.

I'm going to hold out for a decent pair of ASBOs. Even at their current inflated prices, they are MUCH cheaper than the AP route and I doubt I'll notice much difference on the road.

Soldato
OP
Understandable. They'd look great though. I don't understand why Ford didn't spend a bit more speccing decent brakes for the Mondeo, even if it was mainly for vanity's sake - things like the Leon Cupra R and various Renault Sport models had 4 pot brakes for example.

Permabanned
Understandable. They'd look great though. I don't understand why Ford didn't spend a bit more speccing decent brakes for the Mondeo, even if it was mainly for vanity's sake - things like the Leon Cupra R and various Renault Sport models had 4 pot brakes for example.

Yeh the Leon had them, yet it's brother the S3 did not, never understood that when the S3 was supposedly the "premium" model and was heavier due to 4wd gubbins

Soldato
OP
Good point. I think it shows that, like Imy said, they're OTT for road use. Still, I'd probably consider it if I was as reckless with spending money as I used to be. :D

You could always put an AP Racing decal on ASBOs :D

When I was on holiday in Thailand in August, I noticed that the most common way of chavving up your car over there was to fit fake Brembo 4 pot-esque plastic covers over your existing calipers. Looked quite convincing from afar!

Soldato
Blew my interior light fuse :o. Now I have no spares and it'll be a dark morning for me tomorrow. I'm surprised put a led festoon bulb in the rear and it wouldn't full turn off. Flipped it around, it sparked and now interior lights won't come on. :(

Soldato
OP
The price depends on the condition - if it's been well looked after and is in good condition and you can generally tell it's been loved, has quality brand name tyres all round, etc., then yes, but if it's a bit shabby and the service history is patchy then no, it might be a bit high.

Some info on what to look for was posted recently, from this post onwards. :)

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom