Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
switched to eibach when my front springs snaps, much better imo doesnt roll as much but maintans good clearance, the eibachs say 30m front 40m rear but thats on a standard mondeo, the st220 is 20mm lower anyway so your only adding a 1 - 2 cm drop. The front doesnt look much difference but the rear comes down nicely (it does look too high at the rear unloaded on standard setup imo!)

Associate
St220 is heavier then a normal mondeo so would still drop more. A normal mondeo on st220 springs looks like its on stilts as it actually raises it up.

Associate
if you want, measure from centre of your wheels to the arch ill do same and we could compare difference, i dont think its going to be more than 2cm but you never know. I have to deal with speed bumps on a daily basis and have never hit anything

Associate
Ordered some Eibach's this morning. Forgot i had posted in here.

Should hopefully be here in the morning so i can get crack on with changing them over.

Have you had the front struts off before ? if not be prepared for some seriously annoying work ahead! Best thing to do is drop the front subframe a bit or youll have a nightmare getting the lower ball joint disconnected from the hub assembly. I researched loads before doing mine, got to a certain point then gave up :o Paid £200 for a grage to do it and they moaned at me afterwards saying it took them a lot longer than expected :rolleyes:

Soldato
Yeh mine ran fine when cold also! Which made the mechanic rule out the coil pack, And at first the engine light flicked on every now and then then it came on and stayed on for weeks. Mechanic then told me it's the lambda sensors until everyone on here said about the breather hose and it was that all along so get your mechanic to check yours when u can !

I've tried to tell my garage about this issue and whilst they said they checked everything, I get the feeling they didn't exactly remove the offending rubber pipe!

They suspected an injector might be on it's way out and put in some cleaner and said to give it a bit of a drive around over the weekend. The stuttering at the low end of the revs is definitely a lot less... Sometimes it almost seems like it's fixed but then I get a bit again. One thing which hasn't changed is the flatspot in power at around 4-5K RPM

With some spirited driving, I got the engine management light to pop on a few times (20-30 seconds at the most) but then as soon as I eased off the light went off. The mechanic checked today and there were no codes left in the logs which seems odd?

I'm tempted to just get them to change the pipe regardless for the sake of £30ish!

Soldato
Is there an OCUK method for dealing with 'moosing'? I have a 2.5L and tried cleaning out the IACV which solved it for about a week, its back and driving me mad. There are some methods on the internet involving a longer pipe, or gluing a copper pipe end with a hole drilled into it onto the pipe, have you guys done anything about it?

Soldato
I've tried to tell my garage about this issue and whilst they said they checked everything, I get the feeling they didn't exactly remove the offending rubber pipe!

They suspected an injector might be on it's way out and put in some cleaner and said to give it a bit of a drive around over the weekend. The stuttering at the low end of the revs is definitely a lot less... Sometimes it almost seems like it's fixed but then I get a bit again. One thing which hasn't changed is the flatspot in power at around 4-5K RPM

With some spirited driving, I got the engine management light to pop on a few times (20-30 seconds at the most) but then as soon as I eased off the light went off. The mechanic checked today and there were no codes left in the logs which seems odd?

I'm tempted to just get them to change the pipe regardless for the sake of £30ish!
Yeh I would be suspicious that they haven't checked the breather pipe there with it being awkward to get at as even my mechanic said he would not be able to get his hands through to check it so he had to wait for the young lad he has working for him who has smaller hands to get at it. And it looked like it had been sliced it was split all over. My cars been fine since and engine light had remained off so I would take yours to another garage and make sure they check it!

Soldato
What bulbs do you guys have in your Mondeo? I need a new set, just looking for best options really.

Also wiper blades, I replaced the rear yesterday with a Bosch one from Halfords but arethere any better for the front?

Back
Top Bottom