• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Although that doesn't always happen in nature naturally. However, I wouldn't have a problem paying a bit more if there was an over hall of farms with more of a humane focus in relation to animals. I can easily imagine though that the cost to do that and the end cost of meat to customers would be prohibitively high.

Yes it would. There wouldn't be enough to enough to sustain people's demand at a viable price.
But if we all ate less and paid more for less farming could be much much less cruel.

I would have no issue eating an animal killed quickly, that had a nice life.

Except chicken as I have hens. Just like most people wouldn't eat a dog in the west as they are 'pets'

Soldato
Anything outside of the Utopia that is Cornwall is a dump apparently.

Seems rather nice to me (note i have no 1st hand experience of Derby itsself but the surrounding area is certainly nice enough). (i realise you are not calling it a dump!)

Soldato
You can be selective with what meat you eat to combat most of the objections in the OP (This has probably been discussed but I can't be arsed to read 58 pages)

Buy local British organic beef and local woodland hen eggs, don't buy Dutch bacon etc. The issue for most of the general public is higher welfare meats are more expensive, and they can't afford it.

It's impossible to argue for eating meat on morale grounds because people will always circle back to animal death which they fundamentally object to. My perspective is a gazelle doesn't have a nice time getting ripped to shreds but a lion, so animals eating other animals is just part of life... Do what you can to buy high welfare meat and consume as part of a balanced diet for the statistically healthiest outcome

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can be selective with what meat you eat to combat most of the objections in the OP (This has probably been discussed but I can't be arsed to read 58 pages)

Buy local British organic beef and local woodland hen eggs, don't buy Dutch bacon etc. The issue for most of the general public is higher welfare meats are more expensive, and they can't afford it.

It's impossible to argue for eating meat on morale grounds because people will always circle back to animal death which they fundamentally object to. My perspective is a gazelle doesn't have a nice time getting ripped to shreds but a lion, so animals eating other animals is just part of life... Do what you can to buy high welfare meat and consume as part of a balanced diet for the statistically healthiest outcome

Absolutely.
If you're going to buy. Buy the best you can. Even if it means cutting down.

Associate
Part of the reason that I'm not a vegan is because of really stupid allergies that I have and how much more my diet would be limited by going vegan...
I don't consume a huge amount of meat, mostly chicken and the meat I do eat comes from local people where I know the animals have been treated well.

A few of the people I work with are vegan so I do occasionally cook & eat vegan food if we're doing something like a bring and share lunch for a meeting or if I feel like making a treat for the office to share.

Anything outside of the Utopia that is Cornwall is a dump apparently.
Nah, Cornwall is as much a dump as anywhere else, some parts of the county are dreadful.

Caporegime
Anyway…to summerise.

I have no problem with people being vegan. I don’t have a problem with vegan processed food. Or vegetables, I love vegetables. You can do your diet as you like and eat as much of that as you like. Just don’t try and push it.

Same as organised religion. You can believe what god you like, you can attend church and prayers everyday, just don’t try and push it on to me.

Especially when you start questioning my life and my morals. I too have morals, perhaps a different standard that to yours but to say your set of morals is somehow superior tells me that you actually lack that part of morals about consideration of others. You care for the feeling of animals but not people. You are not superior, don't be arrogant.

Also, you don’t know anything about my life, my life style and my dietary needs or background or how much impact I have on my environment. So don’t judge people on 1 element of their life and call them things like “disturbing character” or use words like “part of the animal abused process”. Again, this goes back to the lack of consideration trait.

Keep your vegan diet to yourself, if you want to sell it, sell it on taste, not on morals or health. If I want health benefits facts, I will get it from my doctor, not a random vegan with an agenda.

Soldato
ahh now you got called out for a silly comment, now your saying you forgot the smillies....;):D
I just saw a certain inevitability,I eat meat ,that won't change and maybe location won't change ,sometimes I question things like living in a dump ( west Yorkshire changed that )supporting animal slaughter (changed that)
Most on here are just blinkered and head in the direction they are told by their parents like Duracell bunnys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom