• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I was once shouted at for standing within 5 meters of a vegan food van with a beefburger "in case you get your dirty meat juice on my van", but if you guys are ok with eating vegan food with potentially bits of egg in it then thats fine with me ;)

If they think they are morally superior because they are vegan which somehow gives them a licence to be rude to others.

I would rather eat meat than be that kind of person.

Soldato
i like rabbit.... dont like hare much.

I grew up in the countryside. as a kid my parents had no money for much really. much of our meat was what dad shot (rabbit, (wild) duck, pheasant or pigeon)

even when we had chicken it was one of the ones from our garden. I loved it, as a childhood it was amazing, not much money for the stuff kids often find important now but was rich in other ways, we even had our own hatchery in the garden and hatched out chickens for ourselves and friends as well as reared pheasants which we then released on the local farmland (for the local wildfoulers - my dad included - to shoot). Pretty sure bloodsports wont be appreciated in a vegan thread but it is the ultimate in free range food.... I never enjoyed it myself, my only shooting was at tin cans and targets, but i did used to like fishing so I never judge - not when it is for food anyway. .

minor segue as a kid (probably around 6 or so years old) when plucking and gutting the animals we used to line up the different organs and compare them - before feeding to the cat. True story at that time i wanted to be a pathologist so i could bring the spare bits home to feed to the cat (in between wanting to be a spaceman or a stuntman like Colt Seavers :D

When I used to shoot rabbits they always went to the ferrets mother couldn't be bothered dealing with all the pellets same with the pigeons, might have had it in a casserole once. Someone's dog once took out a deer before it could be called back that was tough eating though.

also, mushrooms are vile things!

Mmm mushrooms! One of the neighbouring farmers fields you could pick them by the armful once had a bucketful silly farmers didn't like them we were more than happy to take them off their hands.

Caporegime
I also knocked up a vegan wild mushroom toast, vegan mustard mayo, chimichurri and garlic/shallot crisps:

20220421-113535.png
I'd eat that, looks great.

Soldato
I was once shouted at for standing within 5 meters of a vegan food van with a beefburger "in case you get your dirty meat juice on my van", but if you guys are ok with eating vegan food with potentially bits of egg in it then thats fine with me ;)
There's a bit of a difference between purposely putting egg in something and something being made which may have traces of egg because egg products are produced in the same place, it doesn't mean there's egg in it

Soldato
Also
If they think they are morally superior because they are vegan which somehow gives them a licence to be rude to others.

I would rather eat meat than be that kind of person.
I can only speak for myself,yes I am morally superior to you as I refuse to take the life or abuse an animal.as you do, they have no voice but a growing number of people are trying to stop this
Anyway it's my weekend now so will leave you guys to it

Caporegime
Also

I can only speak for myself,yes I am morally superior to you as I refuse to take the life or abuse an animal.as you do, they have no voice but a growing number of people are trying to stop this
Anyway it's my weekend now so will leave you guys to it

You do know you come across as a massive arrogant narcissist.

You think you are morally superior (you are not, that is just your narcissistic opinion talking) but in reality, people like you are rude, have no manners, and pollute the environment as much as the next person.

Again, to stop this you need to do it in a different way, I already explained it is easier to get 1000 to cut meat by 10% than 10 people to go vegan, but your brain just STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND this concept, and my way would have 100x more impact. You will NEVER achieve your overall objective which is to stop animals being killed for food if you continue to be rude and act all mighty and superior.

And stop telling people about their diet is bad and yours is better, you are NOT their doctor, you are not even a doctor.

What you do is get 10 people reading what you said to have another steak this weekend just to spite you.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Pro tip: Morals and ethics are subjective!
I don’t get how not eating meat makes one morally superior anyway.

Perhaps I’d go vegan tomorrow but take up pheasant shooting as a hobby by Saturday, I won’t eat it. I will just shoot it for fun. Then I’ll start littering all over the place, perhaps even be rude to people, spitting on the street or how about start committing some minor crimes for fun.

Am I still morally superior? Or are morals dependent on purely what you eat?

We know the answer, at least the non-vegans do. Who you are as a person comes down to a lot of things, not just your diet. To say one is morally superior because of 1 lifestyle choice…is narcissistic, to say the least.

Soldato
Herby Butter bean casserole, roast potato’s and crusty bread for tonight. Delicious!

You do know you come across as a massive arrogant narcissist.

You think you are morally superior (you are not, that is just your narcissistic opinion talking) but in reality, people like you are rude, have no manners, and pollute the environment as much as the next person.

Again, to stop this you need to do it in a different way, I already explained it is easier to get 1000 to cut meat by 10% than 10 people to go vegan, but your brain just STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND this concept, and my way would have 100x more impact. You will NEVER achieve your overall objective which is to stop animals being killed for food if you continue to be rude and act all mighty and superior.

And stop telling people about their diet is bad and yours is better, you are NOT their doctor, you are not even a doctor.

What you do is get 10 people reading what you said to have another steak this weekend just to spite you.
moon man, is, by definition, a total moon man, but he’s harmless.
He posts about veganism with his tongue very much in his side of his mouth and likes to get a reaction.

However, you sound like a complete loon. Why are you getting so upset about what he’s saying? Why is his promotion of veganism hit such a nerve for you? Why are you personally attacking him? It’s bizarre man. You used to be pretty chill, but you’ve gone full froth in this thread.
He is right though, there’s no reason we have to kill to survive anymore. We choose to, we decide to take the life of an innocent animal because we want to, not because we need to. Not killing is fundamentally more moral than killing. You may do things that are more moral than things he do, but it’s fair to say that someone who doesn’t kill for food is more moral, based on that one example, is more moral than someone who does.
The fact he kills babies is immaterial.

Caporegime
I don’t get how not eating meat makes one morally superior anyway.

Perhaps I’d go vegan tomorrow but take up pheasant shooting as a hobby by Saturday, I won’t eat it. I will just shoot it for fun. Then I’ll start littering all over the place, perhaps even be rude to people, spitting on the street or how about start committing some minor crimes for fun.

Am I still morally superior? Or are morals dependent on purely what you eat?

We know the answer, at least the non-vegans do. Who you are as a person comes down to a lot of things, not just your diet. To say one is morally superior because of 1 lifestyle choice…is narcissistic, to say the least.
You can't spell evangelical without vegan. ;)

Pet Northerner
Don
Herby Butter bean casserole, roast potato’s and crusty bread for tonight. Delicious!

He posts about veganism with his tongue very much in his side of his mouth and likes to get a reaction.

However, you sound like a complete loon. Why are you getting so upset about what he’s saying? Why is his promotion of veganism hit such a nerve for you? Why are you personally attacking him? It’s bizarre man. You used to be pretty chill, but you’ve gone full froth in this thread.
He is right though, there’s no reason we have to kill to survive anymore. We choose to, we decide to take the life of an innocent animal because we want to, not because we need to. Not killing is fundamentally more moral than killing. You may do things that are more moral than things he do, but it’s fair to say that someone who doesn’t kill for food is more moral, based on that one example, is more moral than someone who does.

people don't like being called morally bankrupt for a lifestyle choice, that's why I'd imagine.

Caporegime

I am not the one being rude? I am not the one to have my post deleted for being rude....unlike moon man btw? I think i am being very chill about all this.

Speaking of upset, I get why vegans are upset...I just don't understand why they get so evangelical about it like it's their life's mission to push their ideas on.

And no, I disagree that you have more morals because you don't eat meat, it doesn't make you a better person. Not at all. It makes you more arrogant for sure if you think that way.

Soldato
I am not the one being rude?

I am not upset, I get why vegans are upset...I just don't understand why they get so evangelical about it like it's their life's mission to push their ideas on.

And no, I disagree that you have more morals because you don't eat meat, it doesn't make you a better person. Not at all. It makes you more arrogant for sure if you think that way.
I think “massive arrogant narracsit” is pretty close to the line of a personal attack tbh.
Regardless, unnecessary killing is wrong, no? You can justify it, and I do, but I still know it’s wrong and I shouldn’t take the life of something for my own pleasures. I just place my own pleasures/convenience above what I know is right and wrong on occasion. Much like I speed on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom