Why you SHOULD be using Firefox

Associate
If you have greasemonkey or similar installed there's a script for that, if not just updating your filters should get it working again.

Open uBlock settings > Filters list tab > Purge all caches > Update now. From what i can tell YouTube are currently updating the ID of the detection script regularly, as in multiple times a day, but uBlock filters update less regularly.

Nice yeah done that, seems to have done the trick. I can't go back to ads after all these years of none on pc lol.

Man of Honour
Two of my recent fav addons:

and

J1IS1Pq.png

:D :cry:

Soldato

and

J1IS1Pq.png

I thought about SponsorBlock, but I've heard that the user submitted timings can be a bit off. I don't mind manually skipping past sponsors, although Ashley Neal's videos can sometimes test my patience.

And I hate PCBWay. :D

Soldato

119.0 Firefox Release​

October 24, 2023
Version 119.0, first offered to Release channel users on October 24, 2023

New​

• Firefox View includes more content. You can now see all open tabs, from all windows. If you sync open tabs, you’ll see all tabs from other devices. Browsing history is now listed and you can sort by date or by site. As before, recently closed tabs are also listed on Firefox View.
    To access Firefox View, select the file folder icon at the top left of your tab strip.
    screenshot of Firefox View displaying open tabs and tabs from other devices
  • Gradually rolling out in Fx119, Firefox now allows you to edit PDFs by adding images and alt text, in addition to text and drawings.
    screenshot of a photo of a red fox being added to a PDF. The alt text tool is open to the left of the photo, ready for a description to be added.
  • Recently closed tabs now persist between sessions that don't have automatic session restore enabled. Manually restoring a previous session will continue to reopen any previously open tabs or windows.
  • If you're migrating your data from Chrome, Firefox now offers the ability to import some of your extensions as well.
  • As part of Total Cookie Protection, Firefox now supports the partitioning of Blob URLs, this mitigates a potential tracking vector that third-party agents could use to track an individual.
  • The visibility of fonts to websites has been restricted to system fonts and language pack fonts in Enhanced Tracking Protection strict mode to mitigate font fingerprinting.
  • The Storage Access API web standard was updated to improve security while mitigating website breakages and further enabling the phase out of third-party cookies in Firefox.
  • Encrypted Client Hello (ECH) is now available to Firefox users, delivering a more private browsing experience. ECH extends the encryption used in TLS connections to cover more of the handshake and better protect sensitive fields. Read more about the launch of ECH on Mozilla Distilled.
  • Media sniffing is no longer applied to files served as type application/octet-stream, this allows these files to be downloaded instead of attempting playback.
  • On Windows, the mouse pointer will disappear while typing if the relevant Windows mouse properties system setting is enabled.
  • Firefox is now available in the Santali (sat) language.

Fixed​

• Fixed an issue causing unexpected jumps in scroll position on Facebook.
  • Various security fixes.

Enterprise​

Developer​

• Developer Information
  • Several enhancements have been made to the Inactive CSS styles feature. This feature assists in identifying CSS properties that have no effect on an element. Pseudo-elements such as ::first-letter, ::cue, and ::placeholder are now fully supported.
  • The JSON viewer is particularly useful for debugging REST APIs, as it displays formatted JSON responses. Now, if the JSON is invalid or broken, it automatically switches to a raw data view, improving the user experience.

Web Platform​

• ARIA reflection for simple attributes and default Accessibility Semantics for Custom Elements are now supported. Note this includes boolean, enum, number, and string attributes, but not attributes that reference other elements.
  • credentialless is now supported in Cross-Origin-Embedder-Policy.
  • The CSS attr() function now supports a fallback parameter, for example attr(foobar, "Default value").
  • Grouping of items in an array (and iterables) is now easier by using the methods Object.groupBy or Map.groupBy.

Community Contributions​

• With the release of Firefox 119, we are pleased to welcome the developers who contributed their first code change to Firefox in this release, 4 of whom were brand new volunteers! Please join us in thanking each of these diligent and enthusiastic individuals, and take a look at their contributions:

Soldato
love to use firefix as a browser again, but its so Bloated in resources & video content makes it go nuts specially on youtube, odd stutters & rendering is slow

Soldato
I use Vodafone for my Broadband. I never thought until just recently, but they provide their own VPN and so Im happy a a pig in Shi...

I use Firefox for my browsing and I have never had a single issue.

I have tried other browsers, and a silly amount of them too over the years, but while I can say that X or Y have things I like, they just dotn seem to be as finialised as Firefox.

I am pig sick or Edge pushing its nose in, so thats pushed itself so much, that I will NEVER use that. Once a product tries forcing itself with me, its done.

Associate
I stopped using FF a long time ago, I don’t know why really, I think I just found Chrome sleeker. I might give it another go, my work pc has Edge, I’ve got used to that too and I’ve got used to ignoring its pushyness

Soldato
Is there anyway to put a google search box on the desktop like you can with MS Edge?
That's not really an Edge thing, well it kind of is as it's using Edge but it's doing that through a widget so Mozilla would need to develop/make/publish a Windows widget, they have for Android so maybe they will for Windows.

IDK if it would work but you could give EdgeDeflector a go, I imagine Edge would maybe be handling the desktop widget and, as I'm not entirely sure how that widget works, should open Firefox when/if you click on one of the results.
Chrome sucks cause Google is trying to block ad blockers and make them run 100x slower so they don't work for YouTube
It's what happens when an advertising company makes a browser, even to this day it still boggles my mind why anyone would browse the internet using software from a company that makes its money from selling adverts.

Last edited:
Associate

and

J1IS1Pq.png

Ok this has tempted me to move over to Firefox!

Back
Top Bottom