Willow: TV Series

Soldato
I remember reading the George Lucas storied Shadow War trilogy that is a direct sequel to the Willow film. It was a pretty decent fantasy trilogy. This series didn't involve Lucas but I wonder if they'll use any plot devices from those novels. I'm assuming not but that would be a shame.

Soldato
got through 20 minutes of it then turned it off. Might give it another try to see if it improves when Warwick turns up but its pretty bad.
When Warwick appeared I knew this wasn't for me, his acting felt very cringe. But the alarm bell was already ringing when a series starts off with a same-sex teen romance

Soldato
Soldato
Rings of Power with extra LGBTQ+ nonsense? I can see this going down well with fans of the movie.
I think most people can live with the LGBTQ+ nonsense as long as the writing and story are good. All we want is good entertainment, no one batted an eye at the lesbians in Andor. If however all you've got is diversity talking points with a TV show tacked on, then ready yourself to feel the wrath of the disappointed.

Soldato
When Warwick appeared I knew this wasn't for me, his acting felt very cringe. But the alarm bell was already ringing when a series starts off with a same-sex teen romance

The Warwick bit I agree with but the 'But the alarm bell was already ringing when a series starts off with a same-sex teen romance' is just laughable.

Rings of Power with extra LGBTQ+ nonsense? I can see this going down well with fans of the movie.

Are the fans a bunch of bigots then?

Last edited:
Soldato
The Warwick bit I agree with but the 'But the alarm bell was already ringing when a series starts off with a same-sex teen romance' is just laughable.

Are the fans a bunch of bigots then?

We know that LGBTQ+ rights are very important to you because of your personal experiences - it's just that every sci fi / horror / action TV series seems to have to include the same closet /coming out relationship trope and its just boring now - we dont watch these shows for what would have previously been restricted to the chick flicks of old.

Soldato
We know that LGBTQ+ rights are very important to you because of your personal experiences - it's just that every sci fi / horror / action TV series seems to have to include the same closet /coming out relationship trope and its just boring now - we dont watch these shows for what would have previously been restricted to the chick flicks of old.

Its not that they are important to me its just it doesnt put me off watching a TV show or a film.

Do you only watch the shows for their masculinity then?

Soldato
Its not that they are important to me its just it doesnt put me off watching a TV show or a film.

Do you only watch the shows for their masculinity then?

Yes, the more toxic the better lol.

I don't wach action / sci fi / horror for tedious relationship scenes - preachy wokery is boring but seems to get shoe-horned into everything now.

Soldato
OP
As you can tell I'm a huge Willow fan but I'm struggling. Seriously struggling.

Watch episode two last night and this morning I can barely remember anything that happened.

Filling in the time line with flash backs willow daughter all grown-up.

No wonder Disney+ is in trouble. These shows aren't cheap to make.

Like Rings of power it's pretty but the dialogue is hideous and the writing is gutter trash.

This has zero charm of the original. How did that happen?

Man of Honour
Whelp - maybe I'm not properly judging it but I skimmed through a bit and it was laughably poor and cringe worthy.

Associate
This has nothing to do with woke or not, this series is just absolute garbage. I rate TV shows based on the time I'm not actually browsing the web while watching. I turned this crap off when I found picking my dads Christmas slippers was infinitely more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom