Willow: TV Series

Soldato
Watched the third episode last night and I have to say that was the best so far. I do however think the prince and the big guy might get it on at some stage.

Most of you have been real lucky with your fantasy and scifi shows and films. I was around before video recorders and I also remember when one of my rich friends had a remote one attached by a lead of course. We used to get about 10 videos from the rental place and if we were lucky we might get two okayish ones out of it.

Caporegime
Just rewatched Life's Too Short this past weekend, and it made me think of this new show as they sort of "prophecised" this in the xmas special. I mean Willow was one of those crap films that's so crap it got a cult following :D People talking about Franchises and huge fan bases being upset, seems a bit hyperbolic when you look at the facts!

Gonna watch the first couple of episodes at the weekend, but after rewatching Willow last year, I don't have high hopes! I'm in purely for Val Kilmer and Joanna Whalley.

rp2000

Soldato
Just rewatched Life's Too Short this past weekend, and it made me think of this new show as they sort of "prophecised" this in the xmas special. I mean Willow was one of those crap films that's so crap it got a cult following :D People talking about Franchises and huge fan bases being upset, seems a bit hyperbolic when you look at the facts!

Gonna watch the first couple of episodes at the weekend, but after rewatching Willow last year, I don't have high hopes! I'm in purely for Val Kilmer and Joanna Whalley.

rp2000

You know I was going to post that about the film. Those types of films are terrble from that age period and certainly dont hold up to modern films. Even at the time it was fairly laughable.

This series is much better than the film production wise. The wererats were a bit oof but.

Soldato
As much as I have fond memories of the film, this show ain't working for me. Too many cliches and the oh so new thing where someone tells a long winded story with a musical buildup....and then it cuts out or is interrupted. Yes, how many times are they going to use that.

Associate
Ah Willow was my favourite movie as a kid (and the first I ever saw in the cinema). I think the movie holds up pretty well overall, especially compared to other movies from the time. Mostly down to Val Kilmer and the score/cinematography.
This show however... As much as I'd love it to be great, it's just not. It makes Wheel of Time look very very good and that was an exceptionally average show. Not sure what's up with Warwick, but everything feels like he's reading off a card and very stilted.
Writing has been all over the place too and it can't seem to make it's mind up what tone to take. They sign post every death and just so much seems off. Did anyone actually catch the name of Willow's guard from his village? What was up with Hannah Waddinghams random appearance as a denim wearing east london lumber jack with a mute friend?! In a forest that was 1 second dark and scary and the next like a day trip to Epping forest?!?
Also characters being unbelievably dense, like Elora going off to rescue the prince on her own. Eh?!
Creature effects were pretty good and creepy in the first episode but the were rats in the 3rd. Oh dear.

Only redeeming character so far has been the big warrior chap who seems as bemused by everything he's seeing as I was.

HOD and Andor have really spoiled us recently with their quality and kinda made this 90's level effort just not good enough. Shame, shame, shame etc.

Man of Honour
Warwick's acting is shockingly bad.

The bits I saw was like he was just reading the lines off the script - dunno why I even clicked into this thread as I've no interest in the show and have judged it based on skimming through a few bits.

Back
Top Bottom