Willow: TV Series

Soldato
The Warwick bit I agree with but the 'But the alarm bell was already ringing when a series starts off with a same-sex teen romance' is just laughable.

Are the fans a bunch of bigots then?

Perhaps they just want to be entertained without being preached at. Doubly so when it’s an industry full of sex offenders and nonces yelling from the pulpit.

Soldato
Not very magical or epic music from the film in this show so far from the 2 eps i saw and im wondering where some ppl are in that i expected in. Not really interested in all them chars that are the main cast either, there forgettable. Nice to see actress who does sorsha tho, always thought she was hot in the film and that seduction film she was in before too.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s preaching when a character’s sexuality is made 10 times more important than the story.

But it isnt, the most important thing is the magic and the story. Thats like saying oh the horse riding offends me. Kind of like the fellowship thing.

It might be a budding relationship we dont know yet. But it is far outweighed with the prince and his lustings and the other hetero relationships.

Soldato
I had to watch the second episode 2 just to make sure and it will definitely be the last. When they started shouting 'Finger Tess, Finger Tess!' I was thinking, oh wait a minute this is getting interesting but I was wrong. And what was going on with the jumping horse scene, makes no sense.

Soldato
OP
Can't be that much left to ruin from my childhood :(

I'll just link to what Doomcock has to say...

Who owns the rights to The Princess Bride?

Willow , Starwars, Heman soon to be Indy. RiP

Soldato
As a big fan of the original, which I watched every Xmas on ze box…this is terrible. The teen romance aspect in the first few minutes had me facepalming.

The inability to mutter the famous Tuataha Mummmrraaaaa spell was funny the first time but they kept going at it didn’t they….

Soldato
Warwick getting a lot of hate in this thread. I thought he was the OcUK thespian?

When I heard about this programme I was initially intrigued with what they would do. But so many remakes lose their original context. No Madmartigan, no stop motion monsters. From the trailer the overall feel is lost and I just can't bring myself to watch it.

Soldato
OP
:(

How on earth do they keep fuging things up.

They are handed massive budgets and get original cast members involved but they still fail.

A fudge it!!! tomorrow in work finishes me for Christmas.

Time to watch the original.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom