Win 10, yay or nay?

Associate
Im waiting for the dust to settle before upgrading. Everything works just fine on my current Win 7 install.

I have the notification to upgrade but Windows10 drivers aren't listed on my motherboard's support site. Does Windows 10 find and install all hardware drivers now?

Associate
Making the jump on Tuesday, when the new gpu arrives. This launch looks like a success, I'm just hoping the X7 will work, knowing how poor has been Creative driver support when w7 came out.

Associate
Made the jump to Win10 earlier today and it seems pretty alright so far. Not run into any issues and games seem to run fine :D

Suspended
Hmm might try this, downloading the ISO now.

I'm on Win7 still at the moment, I did buy Windows 8 when it come out so I got a key for it, but hated Win8 so went back to Win7, how can I use Win 10 with my Win 8 key? to upgrade for free?

Associate
Has anyone got a PS3 controller working through bluetooth on Windows 10 yet? It's just about the only thing I'm concerned about that is stopping me upgrading.

You have to install the DS3_tool drivers first (the Shenzhen type ones), and go into the device manager and replace the bluetooth adapters drivers with the MotioninJoy ones. Or you know you could just buy a PS4 DualShock 4 and avoid all this nonsense. £40 is less than a brand new AAA game (Fallout 4). My DS4 is working perfectly with DS4Windows on my Win 10 rig and Bluetooth adapter.

Caporegime
Does anybody know if by any chance support for the game port has been reintroduced?

I know it's ancient and support was ditched for Vista and 7/8 but I'd love to be able to use my old but still great sidewinder joysticks....

Soldato
The only problem I am having with Win 10 atm is with my sound. I keep forgetting with every OS update how terrible Creative are with drivers :(

Asus are pretty shocking at releasing stable drivers. If it weren't for the third party unified drivers, I'd have binned my Xonar by now.

Soldato
Does anybody know if by any chance support for the game port has been reintroduced?

I know it's ancient and support was ditched for Vista and 7/8 but I'd love to be able to use my old but still great sidewinder joysticks....

No idea but wouldn't a Gameport to USB adapter be an option for you..?

Associate
Hmm might try this, downloading the ISO now.

I'm on Win7 still at the moment, I did buy Windows 8 when it come out so I got a key for it, but hated Win8 so went back to Win7, how can I use Win 10 with my Win 8 key? to upgrade for free?

I think you'll need to install Windows 8 and upgrade from there. Or you could just upgrade from 7, you have a month to roll it back to 7 if you are not happy with 10.

I upgraded on the 29th and everything seems fine so far :).

Last edited:
Associate
I'm upgraded to Windows 10 now. So far its been pretty good, a definite improvement over Windows 8, 7 as well for me. No problems with games, apps, or drivers yet. Some nice new windows hotkeys, and the interface is pretty clean.

Associate
Just switched to W10 and loaded up Cities: Skylines. The main menu was slow and laggy as hell, couldn't navigate around it at all.

Just checked and there is a new driver from Nvidia from W10, d'oh! Hope this solves it...

Back
Top Bottom