Windows 10

The only reason I started running w10 in a VM again is to get used to it for release. I doubt that there will be any major changes that will affect the fact I am used to using it now.

Looking forward for release!

10.0.10176 activation: slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
slmgr /skms
slmgr /ato

To install a KMS key, type slmgr.vbs /ipk <KmsKey> at a command prompt.

To activate online, type slmgr.vbs /ato at a command prompt.

To activate by using the telephone, type slui.exe 4 at a command prompt.

If you are converting a computer from a KMS host,
MAK, or retail edition of Windows to a KMS client,
install the applicable setup key (GVLK) from the following tables.
To install a client setup key,
open an administrative command prompt on the client,
type slmgr /ipk <setup key> and then press Enter.

Operating system edition KMS Client Setup Key

Windows 10 Professional

W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

Windows 10 Professional N

MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9

Windows 10 Enterprise

NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43

Windows 10 Enterprise N

DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4

Windows 10 Education

NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2

Windows 10 Education N

2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB

WNMTR-4C88C-JK8YV-HQ7T2-76DF9

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB N

2F77B-TNFGY-69QQF-B8YKP-D69TJ

Went wrong today, wouldn't boot. However the built in refresh option did work.
So that's a promising sign, as I haven't had much success with that on past windows.

Bit odd it wouldn't activate had to Google a serial key and put it in before it would activate. Even though it had a valid key, or at least the last few visible characters matched online serials.

Went wrong today, wouldn't boot. However the built in refresh option did work.
So that's a promising sign, as I haven't had much success with that on past windows.

Bit odd it wouldn't activate had to Google a serial key and put it in before it would activate. Even though it had a valid key, or at least the last few visible characters matched online serials.

had a hp microserver not activate here .... left it a few days and it finally did automatically... lol

Right, I have found out the cause of my video playback stuttering;

It happens when I'm playing games in Windowed Fullscreen mode on my primary monitor.
And a video playing via chrome on my second screen.

The video playback goes really jkerky like 1 frame change every 1 second, but the audio is smooth.

But if I switch my game to full screen (none windowed mode) the video is silky smooth.

Windows 8.1 never had this issue? Any ideas how to fix it?

EDIT - Sorry, the stuttering is still happening in full screen (none windowed) but not as much. Do you think it could be the way DX12 handles video and games together? Hopefully there will be fix for it soon.

EDIT2 - Ah.... if I select the game as the active window the video is choppy, but if i select a window that is not a game, then the video is smooth even if the game is open and on full screen-windowed on my primary screen.

Last edited:
Windows 10: Free license for insider or not? Microsoft clarifies:

Microsoft tried again for clarification around the provision of a free upgrade for the participants of Windows 10 to ensure Insider program. Insider CEO Gabriel Aul made ​​it clear that there is only one free license for Windows 10, if you have a legally acquired Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 used.
How Aul in an update of the original entry on "Free Windows 10 for Insider" stated there had been confusion again in the aftermath of the publication, because Microsoft has not designed his choice of words clearly enough. This took Aul now after, because he made ​​it clear that there are two options for the Windows Insider.

Option 1:
remain tester, use Windows 10 pre-release versions further free
Who is willing to continue to always use the most recent pre-release versions of Windows 10, can remain a member of the Windows Insider program even after the official launch of the new operating system in late July. The prerelease versions currently offered then pass unchanged, the user can install each the next new preview build to continue to benefit from a free operating system. This is because the preview builds each have a limited duration. This also applies to those build that explains Microsoft in the coming weeks to the first final version, because this is also treated as one of the other pre-release versions in the case of insider and running sometime from. So if you have not upgraded from an existing, legal license for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 performed on the Windows 10-Preview - because this is simply not available, get only the new operating system for free (as now), if he continues Tester new prerelease versions remains. Microsoft makes this an interesting step, since that decision also means that the XP and Windows 7 users who have still not a legitimately purchased version used and updated by those on the Windows 10 Preview, practically makes a guinea pig for future versions. Those who choose this path, must pass through the division of the test program in the "Slow" - and the "Fast" ring does not generally use the way the possibly very flawed latest prerelease. If one chooses namely obtained via "Slow" ring, is obtained only builds that have been tried extensively already by the testers from the "Fast" ring.

Option 2:
withdrawal from the Windows Insider program with the launch of Windows 10
Who is currently still participants in the Insider program, but wants to use just after the launch of the first final version of this, can say goodbye to July 29 from the Windows Insider program. Following apply for this user then the same conditions as they are 8.1 also valid under the Windows 10 upgrade offer for buyers of ready PCs with Windows 7 or Windows. So you need a valid license of one of the older operating systems. Aul never tired in his post, to repeat the word "Genuine". Only those who are a "real" has license for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, could with his departure from the Insider program will also receive a free upgrade this license for Windows 10. Prerequisite is obvious that you have initially installed one of the older operating systems with the mentioned legal license and successfully activated, before an upgrade is then carried out on the Windows 10 Insider Preview. If this is not the case, with the withdrawal from the insider program again the old operating system be used - or the customer buys a new legal license for Windows 10. If this is not the case, runs the used from the Insider program at the time of exit from version sometime. The Insider program was not a way for users of Windows XP and Vista versions, in order to get a legal license for Windows 10, so Aul. So there is no "gift" for the tester in the form of a legal license for the final full version of Windows 10. Since the general Windows 10 Upgrade Offer limited to computers with a factory pre-installed legitimate version of Windows 7 or Windows were 8.1 shipped, the Windows 10 appears Insider program at least to offer a solution in one respect: for customers who have built their own PC and use a separately purchased Windows license. So if Windows 10 wishes for his DIY-PC, can apparently update of its legal, but not acquired with a finishing machine, older Windows license for free to the new version of Windows - and received a free license when the launch of Windows 10 leaves the Insider program. Whether this is actually possible, however, was not clearly understood by Microsoft executives Aul, so this now but still remains as the last open question about the free license.

VLC player is the same too, and EDGE video playback and Chrome too.

This is very interesting.

CPU usage when VLC is my active window (game open full screen on my main monitor) Video smooth

Screenshot%202015-07-11%2020.27.13.png

CPU usage when a game is my active window on my PC and VLC is running - Video jerky.

Look how spikey the CPU usage is....

Screenshot%202015-07-11%2020.28.22.png

Back
Top Bottom