Windows 10

Things I hate the most about 10 but fixable:
- Remove/kill "Onedrive" from tray and explorer: - got rid of it, fixed!
- Remove Homegriup icon on explorer : - got rid of it, fixed!
- Remove QuickAccess from explorer: - got rid of it, fixed!
- Remove Cortana and kill it completely: - got rid of it, fixed!
- Remove useless apps from Start menu/ then them off and uninstall them: - checked and done!
some other minor fixes.. done!

Now it can be a workable OS without all that crap...

Still don't get the point of quickaccess in explorer - guess it works for some people but it just looks messy and like it was added as an afterthought.

I was clearly referring to the difference between the older start menu and the lack of that system in Windows 8 trying to do whatever you were doing with defining menu or whatever was really pathetic...

I've never foamed at the mouth at how bad the start screen is* - I have bemoaned the lack of the traditional start menu in Windows 8 but I've also very clearly stated that I understand not everyone has the same usage style I do and that I acknowledge the start screen is great for some people. Hence I originally had high hopes for Windows 10 in that it seemed to be embracing both and now quite disappointed by the reality which so far falls far short of its potential.

* I might have been critical of some aspects of it I can't remember.

All "Start Menus/Screens" are rubbish. I don't even use them, who can't remember all their programs anyway and just use the search function? I can't believe MS have included such garbage in their OS's. I've said my opinion now so it's 100% fact and its MS's fault for not catering to my opinion. Oh woe is me.

As posted by Microsoft - who surely can't be wrong - your not telling me you know better than Microsoft are you?

Hmmm most people know better then MS will ever know\learn.

Windows 98 sec. Peoples reaction=Hooray
Windows ME...... Peoples reaction=WTF

Windows XP.......Peoples reaction =Hooray
Windows Vista... Peoples reaction..=WTF

Windows 7.........Peoples reaction =Hooray-Epic
Windows 8.........Peoples reaction ..=WTF
Windows 8.1......Peoples reaction ..=Not sure if serous\WTF\Fail

See a pattern here people :)
Now MS have copied apple and they are so worried that they're giving it away lol.

Now MS have copied apple and they are so worried that they're giving it away lol.

The difference being ME and Vista were poorly optimised piles of poo (though in the latter's case it was as much that the minimum specs were set too low), whereas 8 and 8.1 are good, solid operating systems with nice speed perks but let down by a poorly thought out GUI which offered next to sod all in the way of a guide on how to use it, let alone turn it off.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy using 8.1 (without a third-party start menu, and once set up it's just as quick as 7 was), but I can fully understand some of the frustrations most had.

Anyway, the initial reaction to XP was that it was a horrible, somewhat clunky OS with a nasty cartoony style. Graphically it was to Windows 2000 what elements of 10 are to 7 or 8. Added to that the driver support was horrendous, and the experience most had was poor to say the least. Still, a couple of service packs later and it was all rosy.

Last edited:
It does make you think all these people saying "Microsoft knows best", yet they've spent a lot of time and money on products that have tanked in a big way. MS obviously didn't know what they were doing when they made products for a market that rejected them.

lol, I've read about this alternating good/evil Windows release pattern, I'm guilty of spending too much time with evil releases!

But at least I'm learning, I've been using Windows 10 since 10074, with the exception of when 10122 would not update due to DEP being off in BIOS. ;)

Back
Top Bottom