Windows 10

Soldato
My PC is currently running an enterprise version of 8.1 so isn't eligible and I'd rather do a clean install anyway. I'm thinking if I get my spare SSD and install my copy of W7 Pro which I pre-ordered at release, then do the upgrade, then I can wipe and do a nice clean install of 10.

Soldato
if you upgrade to W10 and don't like it or want to go back to W7 you can but you can only one os activated at a time as they use the same key.

if you click the flag and reserve your copy it will do a upgrade from W7 to W10 and not a clean install. once you have upgraded from W7 to W10 you can then do a clean install via a USB stick

Awesome. I'll be doing that then.

Associate
Sorry if this has already been covered but with these forced updates what will this do to overclocks? I mean will it not be safe to have overclocks in place for fear of windows making a balls of things?

Soldato
I know there are programs for extracting the Product key from the bios but which one is 100% reliable as i have tried some that give different results!

Also, will the ISO for Win 10 be available for a clean install once the upgrade is done?

Soldato
Sorry if this has already been covered but with these forced updates what will this do to overclocks? I mean will it not be safe to have overclocks in place for fear of windows making a balls of things?

no

new builds/updates will/should be tested by insiders first

Last edited:
Soldato
I know there are programs for extracting the Product key from the bios but which one is 100% reliable as i have tried some that give different results!

Also, will the ISO for Win 10 be available for a clean install once the upgrade is done?

I use: https://neosmart.net/OemKey/

Quick & easy to use... plus it's free!

So far as I know the ISO files for Windows 10 should be available for download, once it has been officially released.

Associate
Building 2 new rigs next week. With the free copies will we get emailed keys or will Win 7/8 just update?

I'm asking because I'd rather install Win 10 from the get go, instead of Win 7 and then have to update to 10. Any ideas on what to do?

Soldato
Building 2 new rigs next week. With the free copies will we get emailed keys or will Win 7/8 just update?

I'm asking because I'd rather install Win 10 from the get go, instead of Win 7 and then have to update to 10. Any ideas on what to do?

seriously u couldn't look at the last few pages for the answers? it's been answered so many times

anyway no u won't get a key. u have to have win7/8.1 installed to upgrade to win10

Associate
Well what I mean is before I ever update my graphics card driver I reset clocks to stock, so I have no experience of whether it's safe to just update the GPU driver while a overclocks in place.

Soldato
Well what I mean is before I ever update my graphics card driver I reset clocks to stock, so I have no experience of whether it's safe to just update the GPU driver while a overclocks in place.

u don't need to go back to stock to update

once u found your 24/7 OC then just leave at that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom