Windows 10

I thought it was a great feature but sadly it does not behave well on the Windows 10 Start Menu.

It was :(

I really liked how the documents library folder could show the contents of both the my documents and onedrive documents folders. Sadly a lot of people complained that they saved something to a library and had no idea which physical folder it was in >.>

Bit of a noob question here guys.

When I do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my main SSD will I have to reinstall GTA V and Witcher 3 which I currently have installed on my secondary SSD and mech HDD respectively?

Also, do we know yet what exactly the procedure will be for doing a fresh install for those of us getting the free upgrade?

Thanks

Is Windows 10 a big change in terms of driver support for peripherals such as printers or should existing drivers work if manufacturers are slow to update?

It's still based on the NT6 kernel like Vista/7/8.x so all drivers should be universal as long as the driver installer doesn't whine (32bit/64bit drivers notwithstanding).

Also, do we know yet what exactly the procedure will be for doing a fresh install for those of us getting the free upgrade?

IIRC once you upgrade a Windows 7/8.x installation to W10 your system is then flagged for W10 so you can do a fresh install.

Got a couple of blue screens last night for the first time since jumping on the preview builds from the start. Pretty sure my AMD drivers got overridden as they stopped working just before the blue screens.

Will have to ensure I disable the automatically update drivers in Windows.

Bit of a noob question here guys.

When I do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my main SSD will I have to reinstall GTA V and Witcher 3 which I currently have installed on my secondary SSD and mech HDD respectively?

Thanks

Technically they should be fine on your ssd but I'm wiping my game ssd regardless when I upgrade. Only thing to consider is gta gas files in your documents which will need put back.

To answer your other question, you need to upgrade first, then you can do a clean install so its starting from scratch.

I am looking forward to the release of 10.

need to format my PC so going to wait for the release, upgrade and then format with W10

I cant wait either, I'm already prepared for it :)

Does anyone know if the windows 10 key is linked to the win7/8 key from which you reserved it from? I.e. Could you just set up a win8.1 box, register for a key, and then use that as a fresh install on a separate system?

My upgrade tool says I have 980ti so therefore I won't be getting windows 10 when everyone else does I will need to wait as it has problems with windows 10. Damn, I was excited too. I googled it and it appears windows 10 mishandles the 6gb vram.

I am looking forward to the release of 10.

need to format my PC so going to wait for the release, upgrade and then format with W10

I was looking forward to next week,however having the whole house fully rewired from Monday onwards (lights and mains sockets) plus kitchen redone(new plumbing etc) with new units etc.. so that is going to be a nightmare lol.

Last edited:
I cant wait either, I'm already prepared for it :)

the reason why im waiting is because steam doesn't allow you to sell on the market on a new system for 7 days. don't want to re install 7 then upgrade to W10 and then format to put on W10 standalone because then it means ive got to wait another 7 days before I can sell on steam lol

I was looking forward to next week,however having the whole house fully rewired from Monday onwards (lights and mains sockets) plus kitchen redone(new plumbing etc) with new units etc.. so that is going to be a nightmare lol.

easy solution, while they are doing that go next door with your PC and do it over there :P

Does anyone know if the windows 10 key is linked to the win7/8 key from which you reserved it from? I.e. Could you just set up a win8.1 box, register for a key, and then use that as a fresh install on a separate system?

your Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 key is used to activate W10. you don't get a new key or anything so you can only have either W10 or previous OS activated at any one time.

if you don't like W10 you can roll back to your previous OS.

Back
Top Bottom