Windows 10

Well I was originally in the Windows Insider Preview Program but reverted back to Windows 7 and reserved my Windows 10 copy.

Decided to upgrade to Windows 10 again to have a bit of a play before launch, used a 10240 esd file and converted it to ISO. Then did an upgrade and not a clean install.

Checked in the advanced options under update and showing as receiving Insider Builds and Windows 10 is activated so all being well i'll get it on the 29th and then can do a proper clean install.

Last edited:
I'm planning on upgrading 8.1 to 10 when it's available. Only problem is I have my OS installed on a 128gb SSD which currently has 20gb free space.

Will this be enough for 10? I wonder what I'll end up with once it's installed. Want some free space left ideally!

I'm planning on upgrading 8.1 to 10 when it's available. Only problem is I have my OS installed on a 128gb SSD which currently has 20gb free space.

Will this be enough for 10? I wonder what I'll end up with once it's installed. Want some free space left ideally!

It's should be more than enough. I think 20GB to 30GB free space are recommend. Depend on x86 or x64. As x64 used more space.

After a reformat today back to Windows 10 and Updates disabled by stopping the Windows Update Service, I have managed to play an hour of The Witcher 3 without any crashes or anything using 353.30 WHQL.

For the past week I could not open any game at all without it crashing in the first 10 seconds and that has to be down to the automatic updates pushing drivers on to us and causing conflicts somewhere.

They need to give everyone the option of either disabling updates or allowing everyone to review and choose what to install first. Making the decision for us is not a very smart idea as it's going to just cause a lot of grief for people. Having a stable system just for some automatic update to ruin it is not a good thing at all!

Can anyone offer me any help as to why the windows 10 update is showing up after I fresh installed windows 7....I formatted last night fresh installed 7 and no matter what I do it wont come up... iv tried everything from the batch file..regedit...I have all the correct windows updates iv tried all the CMD things and its still not coming up....Im tempted to do another format which is a pain but feels like I don't have any choice as its just not appearing no matter what I do.

Can anyone offer me any help as to why the windows 10 update is showing up after I fresh installed windows 7....I formatted last night fresh installed 7 and no matter what I do it wont come up... iv tried everything from the batch file..regedit...I have all the correct windows updates iv tried all the CMD things and its still not coming up....Im tempted to do another format which is a pain but feels like I don't have any choice as its just not appearing no matter what I do.

again, run this as it fixed it for me

https://copy.com/VPVceG7kBRP7vqc6

So Windows 10 will allow us to do a clean install of 10? The reason I can't do a fresh install is because I keep on getting this message on the Windows 8 setup:

5StqJjB.jpg.png

I've tried using a placeholder/generic key and it gives me a different error saying 'can't connect to the internet'. All I want to do is create a Windows 8 ISO that I can then install on my new SSD, but it won't let me do it for some bizarre reason. I can't find my copy of Windows 7 anywhere so basically I'm screwed.

Try phone activation?

^ as above activate by phone. I've had the same message in two Windows 8 PCs but both activated fine by phone.

You can do it I have done it on 2 pcs just installed with a place holder key and then used command prompt as administrator using the command slmgr.vbs -ipk PRODUCT-KEY then after that just used the phone activation system

Forgive me if this has been answered.

I was planning on doing a clean install on two systems when Windows 10 is released.

Can I just use a Windows 8 key, or is that only useable during an upgrade?

again, run this as it fixed it for me

https://copy.com/VPVceG7kBRP7vqc6

As i said iv already tryed everything there is to try including running that and it didnt work.
I wonder if its my version of windows 7 thats the issue? I went down from 8.1 as that wasnt a legit copy back to my old copy of Windows 7 thats legit.

On the box it says WinVista HmPrem-Win 7 HmPrem UPG Media OEM Software.

Surely thats fine isnt it as its Windows 7 Home Premium?

Forgive me if this has been answered.

I was planning on doing a clean install on two systems when Windows 10 is released.

Can I just use a Windows 8 key, or is that only useable during an upgrade?

u have to upgrade from win7/8.1 first, then you'll be able to do a clean install without needing to enter a key

Back
Top Bottom