Windows 10

When we upgrade what happens to the drivers? Is it a fresh install or will stuff copy over from windows 8.1

Would prefer a totally fresh install

How will I be able to do a fresh install though

Sort of the same idea as doing a fresh install within windows 8. There is an option somewhere in the settings where you can do the equivalent of a factory reset.

Im waffling, let me find the correct info for you

Edit:
Yes. Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need to purchase Windows 10 or go back to your prior version of Windows and upgrade again.

You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

Im not 100% sure how to do it without USB or disk - as I have neither at the moment. removed my DVD drive :P

Last edited:
I just got this option through install, may delete everything and see what happens as may save me doing a re install after?

TGOWL2NxuglYrlLZ

Would you guys get rid of the recovery partition when doing a clean install?

I see no real reason of reverting back to 8.1 with the way 10 resets itself.

Screenshot%202015-07-28%2023.19.39.png

Not seeing the point in a fresh install on Win 10 tbh. It is based on Win 8.1 so I doubt doing an upgrade will cause any issues. I hope not anyway as I cannot be bothered re-installing everything. I can now guarantee I will be the one with the failed update....:D

Back
Top Bottom