Windows 10

Soldato
Not seeing the point in a fresh install on Win 10 tbh. It is based on Win 8.1 so I doubt doing an upgrade will cause any issues. I hope not anyway as I cannot be bothered re-installing everything. I can now guarantee I will be the one with the failed update....:D

Its true but I would much rather go for a completely clean install, just in case something goes wrong with drivers etc! Just my own feeling though.

I hope I can do the inbuilt factory reset option rather than need a disk, cba plugging my drive back in tonight

Soldato
Is the "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" command supposed to start the download to the $Windows.~BT folder? If that's the case it isn't working here

It just triggers the usual check for Windows Updates. It's been around for donkey's years. If you are deemed to be in the first batch then it should trigger your download, but otherwise it's going to do nothing.

It's exactly the same as doing the manual check through the Control Panel.

Soldato
Its true but I would much rather go for a completely clean install, just in case something goes wrong with drivers etc! Just my own feeling though.

I hope I can do the inbuilt factory reset option rather than need a disk, cba plugging my drive back in tonight

Fair enough I upgraded using the latest insider build and had no issues at all from my Asus 8.1 install. Doing a refresh after install is pretty much as a clean install after you have deleted the Win.old folder. Hopefully it will be the same for this build.

Back
Top Bottom