Windows 10

Associate
I ran the wuauclt.exe /updatenow command and it reported that my upgrade was ready or words to that effect, so I just took it from there.

I kept all settings, programmes etc when installing. There is no new product key to input - my pro installation just reports that it is activated.

Soldato
mine is all done and activated!!

0BPVgkatt6ExCBy3

took about 25 mins to do!

Soldato
Well if you dont mind it deleting all your files / programs and giving you a fresh install then yes :) (make sure you backup what you want to keep to another drive first!)

Usually I mount my users folder to another drive anyway, and on my current install it isn't done yet, so I will keep nothing, go into OOBE mode, and set the directories, and then go from there. Checking for updates before install now! :D Hope it will actually install, beforehand it wouldn't even get to 1% :mad:

Associate
Command line downloaded the file and when I came back the PC rebooted but came back still on Win 8.1 with Failed error. Guess I'll try again tomorrow evening, need to run server updates on 10 server at 6am so can't risk cocking my PC up right now. Hopefully it was just because it's not time yet and not because of the 7GB left on my C drive (small SSD).

Back
Top Bottom