Windows 10

Caporegime
OMFG

I'm on the phone to Microsoft "support" Team.

My retail key for Windows 8 that I purchased has been blocked because I have activated it 10 times in total. They wont re-instate it, even though I have the proof of the purchase and they have told me I must buy a new key.

Even though my current key is a retail key they will not allow me to use it ever again.

To make matters worse I'm on hold and I've asked to speak to a supervisor and the person I was talking to said "oh your from the UK, you have called us and an international call is expensive, so I suggest we end the call and you accept this"

The funny thing is that Microsoft called me, from 0018006427676 as I requested a call back on their live chat system which timed out as it was too busy today.

I'm still holding.

Interested to know how that pans out, give them what for...

Soldato
Just a quick one guys, now going to install windows 10. When i need to reinstall my mobo drivers which ones should i use seeing as there isn't (and probably wont) be a windows 10 driver any time soon.

Mobo is a ASROCK fatality pro-m socket 1155.

Thanks

Associate
If you download from Microsoft website and do the upgrade that way, does it still count as your free upgrade or do you have to wait for it to be 'ready'.

Soldato
This is indeed very confusing. there are driver updates on gigabytes website for my mobo. However if they are different to the ones offered by windows update, does that mean windows will just downgrade them again.... :o

Soldato
This is indeed very confusing. There are driver updates on Gigabytes website for my mobo. However if they are different to the ones offered by windows update, does that mean windows will just downgrade them again.... :o

I'm guessing this is how it works in the Apple world hence why MS have gone down this route, but the PC world is very different to that of Apples.

Associate
I'm having trouble getting windows 10 on my wifes laptop that has windows 7 installed. It doesn't work with windows update or ESD. I just tried the media creation tool and all i get is (Setup couldn't start properly.Please reboot thr PC and try running Windows 10). Any ideas guys, I've done my laptop no problems. Can i use the usb stick with windows 10 on it i created for mine to install on my wifes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom