Windows 10

Associate
Perfect, I'll do this tomorrow

You no longer need the serial once it has activated for any more installs on the same pc :)

Microsoft said:
Note

If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.

Soldato
Got a clean install working and activated on a new SSD.
you had to do the upgrade then activate it then find out the product key (which is new) then use that product key to activate the new install.

I thought it uses your original key not give you a new one at the end of it?

Upgrade > Activate > Clean Install > Activate

All with the same key?

Associate
I thought it uses your original key not give you a new one at the end of it?

Upgrade > Activate > Clean Install > Activate

All with the same key?
Didn't use my windows 7 key, wouldn't accept it. I had to download a slightly dodgy program to tell me what it was after I activated the windows 10 upgrade.

Soldato
Hmmm something very odd with Windows 10 download size, a day ago it was downloaded 5GB, last time it was 8GB and now it 10GB? :eek: :confused:

Last time...

0p270gG.jpg

Now...

o8TIaPb.jpg

They might have changed the download as when you use the ISO it also downloads more updates before the install so they could have incorporated these updates in the download ?

Soldato
Anyone used the inbuilt recording app yet.

Just launched Kerbel and Win 10 tip on screen stating press win+G key for game app.

Allows you to record, take screenshot and something else which I forget right now :)..

Back
Top Bottom