Windows 10

Man of Honour
99% sure my issues are related to my SSD (Samsung SM951). I've had a couple of issues with it since I bought it, mainly boot loops which have needed 8.1 installing again. Every now and then on a boot Windows has been scanning and repairing the C:\ as well.

I looked at the drive health last night using SSD Life and it was showing 65%. So I did a reboot with chkdsk /r running which gave loads of errors and the drive is now at 45%. So RMA time.

Soldato
99% sure my issues are related to my SSD (Samsung SM951). I've had a couple of issues with it since I bought it, mainly boot loops which have needed 8.1 installing again. Every now and then on a boot Windows has been scanning and repairing the C:\ as well.

I looked at the drive health last night using SSD Life and it was showing 65%. So I did a reboot with chkdsk /r running which gave loads of errors and the drive is now at 45%. So RMA time.

Lovely. :(

What a time eh? :mad:

Man of Honour
Lovely. :(

What a time eh? :mad:

To be honest, I'm not that bothered for the moment. I only really want to play Starcraft II in preparation for the third expansion coming out and I think it'll play on my 5k iMac. Just hope I get something back before the 14th when I fly to Ibiza.

Soldato
To be honest, I'm not that bothered for the moment. I only really want to play Starcraft II in preparation for the third expansion coming out and I think it'll play on my 5k iMac. Just hope I get something back before the 14th when I fly to Ibiza.

Goes to show my knowledge about Apple stuff, a 5k iMAC! :eek: That thing must be well... beautiful.

Soldato
I wouldn't rush it. wins 10 is a bit of a mess at the moment. Lots of games crashing tons of bugs.

Mine went very smooth,no issues so far from 8.1 to 10.using AMD card (280x OC).

Device Manager reports no issues,all drivers installed etc,so will try gaming later,got the electricians starting my house rewiring on the main lights today,at least I've mains power for today at least.

Weekend probably do my laptop upgrade to 10 when the rewiring chaos is done(two days they reckon).

Last edited:
Soldato
seems like you are all doing it wrong. Once you have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and Windows 10 is activated you dont need to do a clean install from scratch. Just do a Reset from within Windows 10 and that pretty much is a fresh install. this is how I did it. All activated.

Soldato
So my laptop took a while but updated no problem using the downloader tool from the MS site.

Wife's laptop needed a rebuild so I reinstalled W7 first then launched the W10 installer however it sat on "Looking for Updates" for hours. I'm guessing yes but does W7 have to be fully patched first before W10 will install?

Associate
So I was going to wait around. But I reinstalled 8.1 and its ran all the updates before getting into the OS. Then its prompt me to upgrade to windows 10. And its downloading that now via the windows update tool.

Happy days if that works lol

Associate
Done my laptop last night moved everything over just fine all applications, downsloads ect... Work fine one thing I miss from windows 8/8.1 is the sidemenu I know its all on the start button now but keep trying to search or shutdown there ;) still got 1more laptop to go and 3 more desktops to do

Back
Top Bottom