Windows 10

Associate
Just me then that had a slow system after upgrading from Win 7 Prof to Win 10 Pro..

Even went through a long list of things to speed it up, but ended on going back to my earlier OS.

Soldato
Finally had enough and just used the usb version. Installed fine it seems. Few things to sort out but looks ok on the install. Just trying to activate but I see that generic key there, do I need to swap that out for my key?

Soldato
I am hoping that I can do a clean install to my ssd instead of my hdd that I upgraded with. Just need to export my entire stream library in advance (just in case)

EDIT: and now activated (about 6 or 7 attempts with the button). Thanks for everyone's help by the way :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Windows 10 was finally up and running after 2 hours installed on my nearly full 2TB hard drive. :eek:

Cant wait to get rid of my hard drive and switch to 1TB SSD soon any day now. I am surprised the installation went very smoothly but faced 2 issues after downloaded Nvidia driver and installed automatically, device manager said 353.62 is installed and asked me to restarted PC. After restarted PC I cannot started Nvidia control panel so I installed Geforce driver 353.62 with clean installation but odd Nvidia installer said the current driver used is 350.12, not 353.62. After restarted PC I noticed desktop getting huge with 150% scaling so I changed it back to 125%, Nvidia control panel opened fine.

While type this, I started to like Windows 10 more than Windows 8.1. :)

Soldato
23vjhax.png

May have not unticked something when setting up.

Strange.

I tried added Google UK and it worked fine met Microsoft security policy. :confused:

C4jmNKE.jpg

Associate
If it's linked to the HWID, does that mean you can't move your install to other PCs? I've never once signed into a Microsoft account when using my newest W10 install.

Soldato
I know you cant count your chickens....

however....

It's very impressive so far... once over the "not installing from the update" shenanigans it was painless.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Did the usual upgrade from 8.1 to 10 a and it activated. Decided want to do a clean install so I did a secure erase on sad and installed windows 10.

It is now not activating after quite a few restarts. I assume it will auto activate eventually as the servers are busy still? Did not put in any keys as it should be tied to my system now, so it should auto activate as I understand it.

Edge is nice, but no Adblock Plus... Bit of a deal breaker that. May have to go back to Firefox.

Associate
There is something strange going on. The key it has activated with is that same generic 3v66t key, so how are people getting around doing clean installs as your original windows 8 keys won't work?

Try it yourself and download belarc security advisor your key will be the same. This is for those who had problems with blocked keys.

Ok so I updated using the media creation tool from a legit working 8.1. To my surprise it all worked however wasn't activated.i went to activate and it wouldn't (no surprise there being busy) but I then noticed the part of key showed the 3v66t - I thought this was my old win 7 key (not legit and not proud) ...so I tried changing the product key to my win 8 one but it had none of it. So I spent a good hour to support - they confirmed key is fine and not blocked but the guy said I had to roll back to 8.1 and do the update via windows update only and it will be fine?? I have managed to go back to a backup no problems but should I have waited?? Have I been told duff info or is he right to say wait till it comes through update????
Surely through update it will do the same??? I'll be annoyed if I have upgraded then downgraded for no reason!!!

Permabanned
I had a really bad time with this upgrade yesterday. Infact every time I reinstall any windows os... Be it 7, 8.1 or 10.... I get problems.

The most annoying thing is it is a new error each time and never consistsant.

Anyway, upgraded Yesterday. That went fine.
Took a while to activate but understandable.
Decided to do a clean install. It did its thing and then rebooted.
It got to the windows logo and then blue screen came up saying boot drive inacessible or something like that.
So I start downloading 10 on another computer but it downloads 1% every 10 mins.
I find an ISO someone kindly uploaded here and that downloads in 10 mins.
Reinstall again and automatically updates my gpu.
After a flicker on the screen due to installing my AMD card, I now see a black screen. Nothing changes, cant see anything.
Faf around for another 25 mins figuring out what the issue is.
Some reason the install of the gpu it found doesn't like dvi but was happy with hdmi.
At least then I could install proper drivers and get them both working.

Irritating still and it's left a sour taste in my mouth... Probably just been unlucky but still

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ok so I updated using the media creation tool from a legit working 8.1. To my surprise it all worked however wasn't activated.i went to activate and it wouldn't (no surprise there being busy) but I then noticed the part of key showed the 3v66t - I thought this was my old win 7 key (not legit and not proud) ...so I tried changing the product key to my win 8 one but it had none of it. So I spent a good hour to support - they confirmed key is fine and not blocked but the guy said I had to roll back to 8.1 and do the update via windows update only and it will be fine?? I have managed to go back to a backup no problems but should I have waited?? Have I been told duff info or is he right to say wait till it comes through update????
Surely through update it will do the same??? I'll be annoyed if I have upgraded then downgraded for no reason!!!

You should upgrade using the update tool on windows 8.1. Once done and installed / activated you can then do a clean install using the media creation tool.

Soldato
Got my free copy from msdn dreamspark last night to put on my htpc. Took bloody 30 mins to download it.

Win 10 multiple editions 32/64.

Anyone know whats special about multiple editions?

Back
Top Bottom