Windows 10

Associate
Installed w10 on my lenovo mixx tablet and having problems...

no matter what i do I cant seems to do a complete reset inside windows after upgrading.. just keeps saying there was a problem and nothing was reset

Man of Honour
I've had enough trying to upgrade this pile of poo and rolled back to 8.1 Pro yet again. Download/ISO both fail at 75% install. Meaningless error message and no further info, we might as well be back in the days of Vista. At least an old tablet is fine which is more than you can say for this very modern pc. :(

Had a few more attempts at solving 0xC1900101-0x40017 on second boot but without success. Might have one more attempt with a cold boot.

So presumably I'm faced with doing a clean install but that would require a new product key?

Soldato
Booted up this morning and my Win10 upgrade automatically activated,looks like I was right about Win10 servers being overloaded last night activation wise.

Associate
Has anyone done a clean install? I want to wipe the ssd and stick a nice fresh copy on!,

Yes I did that as some how the upgrade locked me out of my system lol.

So I formatted the ssd and clean install. Windows activation issues so I can see me installing 8.1 again and trying this again maybe when its all calmed down.

Soldato
Getting this error when I try run the Media Creation Tool:
Set-up couldn’t start properly. Please reboot your PC and try running Windows 10 Setup again
Tried deleting $Windows.~Ws & $Windows.~BT folders but still doesn't work.

Associate
Installed on SP2 pro last night and enjoying the experience.

However, I'm not impressed with what they have done with onedrive synchronisation - a definite step backards from the windows 8 version for me :(

Soldato
Did the usual upgrade from 8.1 to 10 a and it activated. Decided want to do a clean install so I did a secure erase on sad and installed windows 10.

It is now not activating after quite a few restarts. I assume it will auto activate eventually as the servers are busy still? Did not put in any keys as it should be tied to my system now, so it should auto activate as I understand it.

Edge is nice, but no Adblock Plus... Bit of a deal breaker that. May have to go back to Firefox.

It should do, on your activation page is there an 'activation' button?

Back
Top Bottom