Windows 10

Soldato
Took ages to update but now after logging in all I get is a black screen for about 10 minutes or so.

Strange. Mine took about 15 mins to update.

Maybe you not updated all drivers to latest version before install 1803 update. If you downloaded it from Windows Update then you will need to use Media Creation Tool to download latest updates and reinstall Windows 10 1803 that should fix your issue.

Soldato
Just updated with no noticeable issues, but there is this under diagnostics & feedback:

cx5N2sT.png

I'm not in the insiders programme so why can't I turn this off :confused:?

No worry, everybody get these too. Insiders received patch from Windows Update fixed that issue updated build to 10.0.17134.5.

So far no new updates from Windows Update yet so maybe there will be updates next week on 8 May 2018.

Soldato
No worry, everybody get these too. Insiders received patch from Windows Update fixed that issue updated build to 10.0.17134.5.

So far no new updates from Windows Update yet so maybe there will be updates next week on 8 May 2018.

Thanks. Hopefully it'll get patched soon then.

I've uninstalled the Feedback Hub app anyway so shouldn't get prompt by them :p...

I noticed a lot more privacy options as well looking at it.

...And fast start up turned itself back on.

Soldato
Looks like the Asus AI Suite is broken again with this release, though I'm more inclined to blame Asus' inability to program within the guidlines than MS. Asus went though all this a few months back and release patched software to make it work again, but they seem to be incapable of colouring within the lines.

Soldato
After i did the update now i have a Local Disk D: that just appeared in my computer, anyone know what it is or why it is there?

https://gyazo.com/d9b44690698699f516c3d5c5fe751c1e

Hmmm I had same issue when G: partition popped up on both desktop and on VMWare, it only affected UEFI Mode and it did not affected Legacy Mode.

I found out my G: is OEM partition (former Recovery partition) so I removed it from showed up in File Explorer with diskpart.

1. Open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
2. Type in "diskpart" and press enter
3. Type in "list vol" and press enter
4. Find which volume listed D: and type in "select volume #" where # is a number
5. Type in "remove" then press enter and D: will be removed from File Explorer

Associate
My 1803 just installed in about 10 minutes.
Things I have noticed that are broke or doing crazy stuff so far is...
All my IMAP email accounts say "System Error, Can't get mail" in yellow text in account in the email app. All settings are there but don't appear to be working.
The photo's app started adding pictures and video's from every hdd I had connected to the PC instead of the one folder I previously had it set to with no way to stop or removed the other folders. This set my ram and processor usage in to overdrive.
I fixed that by going to app features and doing a reset on the photo app and then just adding my one folder back.

Associate
Hmmm I had same issue when G: partition popped up on both desktop and on VMWare, it only affected UEFI Mode and it did not affected Legacy Mode.

I found out my G: is OEM partition (former Recovery partition) so I removed it from showed up in File Explorer with diskpart.

1. Open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
2. Type in "diskpart" and press enter
3. Type in "list vol" and press enter
4. Find which volume listed D: and type in "select volume #" where # is a number
5. Type in "remove" then press enter and D: will be removed from File Explorer

Thanks worked a charm.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Strange. Mine took about 15 mins to update.

Maybe you not updated all drivers to latest version before install 1803 update. If you downloaded it from Windows Update then you will need to use Media Creation Tool to download latest updates and reinstall Windows 10 1803 that should fix your issue.

Thanks. Strangely it seems to have been resolved by itself but that's the first time I've had an issue like this with any of the W10 updates.

Back
Top Bottom