Windows 10

Soldato
All my IMAP email accounts say "System Error, Can't get mail" in yellow text in account in the email app. All settings are there but don't appear to be working.
I had this issue too, removing the accounts and re-adding them didn't fix it either, what did fix it was uninstalling the Mail app, restarting the computer then reinstalling the Mail app from the Store.

Associate
Hmmm I had same issue when G: partition popped up on both desktop and on VMWare, it only affected UEFI Mode and it did not affected Legacy Mode.

I found out my G: is OEM partition (former Recovery partition) so I removed it from showed up in File Explorer with diskpart.

1. Open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
2. Type in "diskpart" and press enter
3. Type in "list vol" and press enter
4. Find which volume listed D: and type in "select volume #" where # is a number
5. Type in "remove" then press enter and D: will be removed from File Explorer

Worked for me too, cheers fella.

Associate
I had this issue too, removing the accounts and re-adding them didn't fix it either, what did fix it was uninstalling the Mail app, restarting the computer then reinstalling the Mail app from the Store.
Thank you, that worked for me too. I should have done that when I saw the Photo app went t**s up too.
Cheers :)

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like the Asus AI Suite is broken again with this release, though I'm more inclined to blame Asus' inability to program within the guidlines than MS. Asus went though all this a few months back and release patched software to make it work again, but they seem to be incapable of colouring within the lines.

If anyone else is having this problem, the solution it to reinstall DIP5_1.05.14. The installer will say it's already installed (if you installed the betas to get around the same problem after the January Spectre/Meltdown patches), but keep reinstalling, and things should work again and you can access all the settings for Asus AI Suite 3.

Associate
If anyone else is having this problem, the solution it to reinstall DIP5_1.05.14. The installer will say it's already installed (if you installed the betas to get around the same problem after the January Spectre/Meltdown patches), but keep reinstalling, and things should work again and you can access all the settings for Asus AI Suite 3.
After reading here that the Asus AI Suit broke with the 1803 update I was pleasantly surprised that mine actually worked after the update.
Corsair link bugged out and had to be re-installed as my ram was missing and the h100i was missing.

Soldato
Has anyone elses Windows 10 Cortona bar gone white?? Its horrid and id like to go back to black!

I see I can change the Default apps colour theme to dark in settings, but I prefer that to be white, is there a way to change it back?

Soldato
Just updated via WU, so far so good, had to reinstall nvidia drivers but apart from that can't see any problems.

I'm two for two without issues, had to reboot my Win10 after first boot on 1803 so Avast would work, it disables it while updating. Also remember to use Disk Cleanup etc , I removed my old Windows etc so had like 30GB back via Disk Cleanup.

I made a USB backup copy as well which I always do with every new Windows version.

Man of Honour
OK so after the Windows 10 April update I seem to have an extra 450MB NTFS (OEM Partition ) no idea what it's for at all, plus after the update on my Laptop it wont even go to the Desktop

Have had that with my tablets more than once - fortunately after some faffing about at the login I was able to restart holding down shift so as to invoke recovery/safe mode and sort it from there.

I wish MS would **** off with the automated updates as it has a tendency to happen at the most inconvenient times.

Associate
I'm two for two without issues, had to reboot my Win10 after first boot on 1803 so Avast would work, it disables it while updating. Also remember to use Disk Cleanup etc , I removed my old Windows etc so had like 30GB back via Disk Cleanup.

I made a USB backup copy as well which I always do with every new Windows version.

Nice one, I forgot about disk cleanup

Associate
Windows 10 is a cobbled together mess. They removed Homegroup but left links to it in context menus. There is no in house quality testing it seems, just us Beta testers.

Man of Honour
It wouldn't be so bad - but they pretty much ignore feedback on the insider hub thing unless it happens to match with what they want to see :(

IMO its going to have serious implications for security in the long run - my brother (in a professional capacity working in IT for the NHS) found a fairly obscure but quite serious security bug with the language toolbar and it took them over 9 months to fix it despite both local admin and remote execution vulnerabilities.

Soldato
Windows 10 is a cobbled together mess. They removed Homegroup but left links to it in context menus. There is no in house quality testing it seems, just us Beta testers.

They havent fully removed homegroup.
The functionality that used to break every update when homegroup was required got preserved this time, thank god.
I am delighted to see it being phased out, it was an arse to have to completely remove and reinstall homegroup everytime just to get a remote printer to work.

Soldato
Strange at some point post update, I don't think it was with the update, but rather a couple of days later the @ and " on my keyboard swapped, I assume it had switched to US layout.
Install UK language rebooted, sorted.
Still unsure why there was a delay in that bugging, might have been something else, rather than the windows update itself.

Back
Top Bottom