Windows 10

Caporegime
Patch! Patch! Tuesday!, Patch! Patch! Tuesday!, Patch! Patch! Tuesdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

*sung to the tune of, Pink! Pink! Sunshine!

Man that Redhead was a hottie :p

:D

Just be the Security ones, as they've stopped all the bug fixes etc... ones for now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
8.1s more secure than 10!

:p

I've often found Windows 8 more stable, better performance on average (while 10 can be faster it can also be much slower due to the sheer amount of extra stuff running) shame about the lack of traditional start menu and eye sore UI visually.

Man of Honour
My experience has been that Windows 10 is the fastest and most reliable Windows version I have ever used. Not that previous versions were slow or anything though.

On this install I originally put a fresh copy of Vista back during release on a HDD. I then did an in-line upgrade to Windows 7 Pro when that came out and then an upgrade again to 10. In between all that I upgraded the HDD to a faster bigger HDD then to faster and bigger SSDs. Now this 10 is sitting on an Intel Skulltrail 480GB SSD and responds and performs like a fresh install. On previous Windows I might sometimes get a blue screen (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL etc) as I've been running a mild OC all the time but Win10 has had no such issues with the OS whatsoever and is supremely stable. In all these years I have never needed to "fresh/clean install" because nothing has bogged down or clogged up with crap which is why I've always been surprised when people have done a yearly refresh to clean things up.

I hated 8 and refused to install it on my home machine due to the lack of a proper start environment. I made do with 10 initially then used Classic Shell but since the last big 10 update that brought about massive changes to Start, I much prefer native Start now and the way it can be organised.

Soldato
Anybody else had the "Welcome to Windows" screen? I've had it on a couple of machines so far and I've skipped it each time.

Others are seeing the same thing too: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/fsdrk9/welcome_to_windows_screen_upon_restart_no_files/

Untitled.png

Soldato
I saw it on a few different machines after the last updates, and they were all already on 1909. I just assumed it was one of those MS update glitches. Just be thankful it wasn't anything more serious.

Back
Top Bottom