Windows SMP Beta goes Open

Soldato
Looks like a p26120 to me - mine finished with only 29% time before deadline instead of the ~51% most of mine get, I've switched back to the GPU + CPU clients again as any downtime or gametime on this machine would push me over the edge (nothing to do with the terrible PPD of that WU, honest ;) )

edit: lol yep I was right (and slow) - here's what mine got me:
Project : 2610
Core : Gromacs SMP
Frames : 100
Credit : 1523

-- X2-SMP(Win32) --

Min. Time / Frame : 39mn 17s - 558.28 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 40mn 41s - 539.07 ppd

[email protected] btw - these WUs are very cache dependant apparently

MGP

MGP

Soldato
My PC seems to love these windoze SMP WUs. According to EOC my PPD has jumped from a meagre 500 to over 1600 per day :D

And I'm not even pushing the clocking really E6600 at only 2.9 GHz :cool: I suppose some would call that slacking ;)

Don
Hey all

When I'm trying to upload a Wu its saying that it can't connect to server... but it downloads them fine... any ideas why??

Got status code 403 from server??

Stelly

Associate
Stelly said:
Hey all

When I'm trying to upload a Wu its saying that it can't connect to server... but it downloads them fine... any ideas why??

Got status code 403 from server??

Stelly

403 is the forbidden status code.

What address is you client trying to connect back to, and can you open it in a web-browser?

Don
uncle_fungus said:
403 is the forbidden status code.

What address is you client trying to connect back to, and can you open it in a web-browser?

171.65.103.100:8080

I think its the port its going through even though I have told the client to run through port 80 which is open port 8080 is blocked my the firewall here... is this a bug??

Stelly

Associate
I'm back folding again and how things have progressed....I like this client much more than the one I used last time I was folding, more points too :D

One question though, is there anyway to get it working where it will download the next WU? It will just stop/freeze after the unit is complete so I now start it with the -oneunit argument.

Cheers.

Soldato
Welcome back :)

It's normal for the client to stop for a few minutes between WUs - some people have said theirs' wait even longer though that's possibly due to the servers being overworked with so many people switching to the SMP clients.

If it's longer than about 4mins then you're probably best keeping the -oneunit flag for now, the client is still very new so these things are being worked on in priority order.

Associate
Thanks, glad to be back!

From looking at the log it had downloaded the new WU but was displaying 'Entering M.D.' for 9hrs while I was away with no instances of the FahCore_a1.exe running. After closing and starting the client it's all good now, i'll have to watch out for when the next one ends :)

Soldato
dan7827 said:
Thanks, glad to be back!

From looking at the log it had downloaded the new WU but was displaying 'Entering M.D.' for 9hrs while I was away with no instances of the FahCore_a1.exe running. After closing and starting the client it's all good now, i'll have to watch out for when the next one ends :)
its a beta, I'd love to have it installed on all my clients dual core systems but tbh its not stable enough
I have to reboot my PCs more often to get these SMP clients running properly after downloading a WU than ever before!

Associate
VeNT said:
its a beta, I'd love to have it installed on all my clients dual core systems but tbh its not stable enough
I have to reboot my PCs more often to get these SMP clients running properly after downloading a WU than ever before!

Agreed, I only have it running on 2 machines and ones a laptop, both had errors over the last couple of days so lost production as I wasnt around. The only way to get them back was to reboot and reinstall. I relise its beta thats why its only on these 2 machines but still its a pain.

Soldato
dan7827 said:
One question though, is there anyway to get it working where it will download the next WU? It will just stop/freeze after the unit is complete so I now start it with the -oneunit argument.

Mine does it as well. Only way I've found besides restarting the client is to kill mpiexec.exe. (NB: don't try this before a WU has been sent!)

Associate
Been running the SMP client all week and it's done 7 x p2610s without issue.

I started it with this batch file I found posted in another thread on here (Can't remember who posted it but a big thanks to them)

Code:
@echo off
echo Starting FAH for the first time
echo -------------------------------
echo.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@Home Windows SMP Client V1.01\fah.exe" -oneunit -verbosity 9 -local
:restart
echo.
echo Restarting FAH
echo -------------------------------
echo.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@Home Windows SMP Client V1.01\fah.exe" -oneunit -verbosity 9 -local
goto restart

Soldato
xgeek said:
Been running the SMP client all week and it's done 7 x p2610s without issue.

I started it with this batch file I found posted in another thread on here (Can't remember who posted it but a big thanks to them)

It was uncle F - and I've just started using this too - I get checkpoints now :) never did before, thought it was disabled?

Back
Top Bottom