Winter 2017/2018 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your getting your early warning here ;)

last time I went to St Lucia it snowed and I was delayed coming home
I am going again early December, so expect loads of snow and extra time spent all inclusive for me

heres wishing ;)

Bit late and forgot I posted this, hope you all enjoyed your snow whilst I was in the sun ;)

Caporegime
Me neither, every time I go to drop off, another 70mph gust smashes against the window.

Yup. Went out this morning and one patio chair has blown over and a window has disappeared from the shed. I mean disappeared...theres no sign of it ever having been there! Not a shard left behind. Bit of litter strewn about but nothing major. Looks like people had the sense to keep their bins in until today.

Well neighbours fence lost a panel. Its rented so I guess we will wait 6 months for their landlord to be bothered to botch a repair. They have a dog as well so be interesting to see how they approach letting it out

Journey to work was dodge the wheelybin for a decent amount of my journey as its cross country people put the bins out at the edge of the road as there is no path, the bins had moved varying degrees across the road.
Was like dodgems :)

Man of Honour
Writing is on the wall. Rain and more of it.

Unfortunately still a lot of energy in the Atlantic despite other favourable conditions for cold but with such a variation of outcomes and a gradual declining trend wintery weather is still possible though the coming cold snap looks to be mostly dry.

Man of Honour
Kind of interesting setup building for next week with a long drag of cold across Greenland and Iceland coming at us from the West/North West which is a more unusual one - personally I think the models are underestimating it a bit as with each iteration closer they've been dropping down a bit in predicted temperature.

Man of Honour
Miserable damp disappointment here - had some sleety stuff earlier and some sleet forecast for later but that looks about it.

With the current forecast only places at decent altitude are going to benefit really - looks like some parts of northern England could get some pretty decent snow early Thursday but briefly lived for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom