Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
I skim TWO, Netweather, etc. forums but don't bother getting involved, it really does get quite odd and sadly at times bitter which is a shame because some really do have a deep understanding but utterly incapable of constructive and educational dialogue with those of lesser knowledge or taking onboard where they could build on someone else's understanding, etc. etc.
Yes, exactly that. They probably understand more than anyone that it only takes minute changes for things to swing one way or the other, but they choose to ignore it. Obviously the models try to pick up on these subtle changes in advance, with varying degrees of success. :)

Soldato
My room temp is 3 degrees up from yesterday morning. Very mild, seems a little less overcast. Heading out with the board today, that Atlantic low is sending a groundswell hitting about now now, lasting all day

IMG-20211212-085706.jpg

Man of Honour
Potential for quite a potent SSW event on the cards - I'm not even gonna try and guess where the cold might go though.

Soldato
Potential for quite a potent SSW event on the cards - I'm not even gonna try and guess where the cold might go though.

Maybe the animals in my garden are onto something as they seem more hungry than ever despite having plenty of food, I know certain birds like to stockpile for emergency so perhaps they can sense a bad (for them) winter

Soldato
Maybe the animals in my garden are onto something as they seem more hungry than ever despite having plenty of food, I know certain birds like to stockpile for emergency so perhaps they can sense a bad (for them) winter
interesting - we've noticed exactly the same thing here. Squirrels and foxes as well as birds.

Soldato
weather forecast said we have a weird high pressure come up from S at the moment, low pressure from NE returns end of the week and pushes stuff down again. There's a conflicting series of pressures coming from different directions so things are bouncing around.

Man of Honour
weather forecast said we have a weird high pressure come up from S at the moment, low pressure from NE returns end of the week and pushes stuff down again. There's a conflicting series of pressures coming from different directions so things are bouncing around.

Wondering if we are going to find the GFS model is playing up again :s seems to be a lot of oddities in the model outputs at the moment.

Some hints of a PV split in the latest runs around the end of the month but the last 2 updates haven't been able to pin down the evolution of stratospheric warming and where the cold might go at all.

Associate
HERE SHE COMES :D:eek:

850'S - check
2m Temps - check
Blocking - check

9i2i1Mt.png
8uS6pGF.jpg

Still 10 days out and there is a hell of a lot that can go wrong, but that's a beautiful chart.

Onwards to the 18z!!

Back
Top Bottom