Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
OP
Well its full steam ahead. 15 minutes have been aired to select members of the press along with a pannel Q&A and all signs point to this been up there with the very best TV has to offer.

We have an official air date for the pilot, so mark this in your man diarys;

April 17th 2011.

Winter is closer than ever!! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Finished A Feast for Crows last night. It really did pick up again towards the end!

Can't wait for a Dance with Dragons now.

That is the appropriate word when associating with George R R Martin.

It's been about 6 years now since he released the last book and atm he'll be to pre-occupied with the HBO Series (which I can't wait to see!!).

I actually hold out a faint hope that Dance with Dragons will be released this year if nothing else just to capitalise on the probably success of the mini-series.

Soldato
Should be good. Saw on Tricia Helfers twitter feed that she had been filming more stuff for this one. As with everyone, i'm still waiting for the release of the next book. He's even stopped updating his homepage with info now.

Associate
Can't wait for this, after reading a post on the books in this forum, i've read the first one then ordered all the rest with waterstones xmas vouchers, couple of hundred pages into the 2nd book now and liking them -- a lot.

Hope they do it justice, the thing i like about reading a book then watching a tv adaptation is that when you watch it you fill so much of the character in from what you've read in the book, brings them to life more - as long as the actors can carry it off to a certain point of course :)

Associate
Seen the bill boards popping up around where i live now :)

Also was watching the advert for Quaker oats (not by choice)the one where they help the acting stage group and Sean Bean comes in and he's sporting a beard, Was wondering if that was filmed while he was getting in character to play Ned Stark ? :)

Back
Top Bottom