Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's almost as though they're rushing an already rushed TV show.
I was very frustrated by the lack of build up to things like the Frey revenge in series six, feeling that they were cramming too much, too close together, robbing story lines of their full, satisfying impact. So far season seven is looking like a lot more of the same, sadly.

And the less said about the rent-an-animation assault of Casterly Rock, the better. I'd have prefered another appearance by Ed Snooran than that jarring CGI. I know that stuff is hard and expensive to pull off well, but... But I guess all projects disappoint eventually. I can still forgive them though, given how well they've done with such a complex creative endeavour. Whether I'll still be saying that in a few weeks' time is a different matter. At the moment I'm more worried about the production than the characters, and that's not ideal.

ooo, think it'll be 2-1 too but just had a thought how it can easily be 3-0...

Conjecture based on the next episode preview:
We see Jaime transporting the loot in large caravans from Highgarden to pay the Iron Bank and fund their war. Assuming Dany has a go at destroying it with a Dragon swooping in, wouldn't it be GoT to have those caravans open up to reveal balistas?!

I suppose, but surely it's gone past rational thought when it comes to particularly Cersei's rule, Tarly just destroyed his bannerlord for her. I feel they've made tyrion and the others out to be woefully unprepared so that Dany is forced to use dragons.

I guess it's not entirely illogical to think they're unprepared, as it would appear that Varys is entirely useless now and he seemed to be about the only viable information supplier in the series (above littlefinger's and i guess until that "moment" Cersei's left hand man).

Why all the hand wringing about "millions of innocent lives". The population of Kings Landing have proven to be utterly worthless garbage

Dany should just construct extermination camps for them.

I like how Daenerys is losing at the moment, she will lose a bit more no doubt, hit a low and then come back with some kind of unexpected twist. That is much more likely than she lose, lose and then gets killed as that would be just terrible TV. Or the opposite that she lands her army, conquers all and win all the way. That's crap TV too.

TBH, the current road is the best one and most predictable one, in a way kinda boring lol

Last edited:
My theory

I think it will be set up for Cersei to almost be victorious and look like she cannot fail, only for Jamie to see the light and kill her. He will then join Jon and Daenerys in a war to save humanity.

Conjecture so:

I think we will find a number of the key characters are being controlled by others (ala warging or similar), and have been all along; possibly by the white walkers (or another new character set) to get all the armies together and killing each other off in the process making domination easy. One of those wtf they were all dead from the beginning anyway 'lost' too many £££ seasons to drag it out for moments.

Cersei has all the traits if not more of the mad king and has enacted some serious carnage with no hint of remorse or regret in the last couple of seasons / books. There are plenty of armchair theories on him.

I wonder what the likelihood of the faceless folk coming for Arya is, clearly sacrilege? Though maybe i misunderstood the weirdo from the House.

Last edited:
Conjecture so:

I think we will find a number of the key characters are being controlled by others (ala warging or similar), and have been all along; possibly by the white walkers (or another new character set) to get all the armies together and killing each other off in the process making domination easy. One of those wtf they were all dead from the beginning anyway 'lost' too many £££ seasons to drag it out for moments.

Cersei has all the traits if not more of the mad king and has enacted some serious carnage with no hint of remorse or regret in the last couple of seasons / books. There are plenty of armchair theories on him.

Mind controlling, unmentioned race to date to create a dues ex set up ending would be the most embarrassingly bad ending to the series that could possibly be created. I cannot imagine they would torpedo the show in such a manner.

It's more likely that it is what it is, short sighted morons squabbling over power and ignoring the larger threat which happens throughout history anyway.

They'll set her up to lose and some kingdom or another will intervene to save them. There's still the Riverlands, Northlands armies unaccounted for, still the Stormlands armies (Roberts lot) as well as a large Dornish army (though one unlikely to act)

No idea exactly how it will pan out but the board will be swept clear for the final few episodes of the last series to be a large war against the white walkers.

I feel confident calling this now...

Gendry will end up on the iron throne
Nah. I reckon the fighting between factions will continue, decimating numbers. Eventually, they'll realise they need to fight together but it will be too late and the whole thing will finish with everyone dead and the night king standing over an icy iron throne having conquered all.

I wonder what the likelihood of the faceless folk coming for Arya is, clearly sacrilege? Though maybe i misunderstood the weirdo from the House.

If they do decide to kill her I imagine it will be suspiciously quick and private with only her knowing who it was. Otherwise it would needlessly pull the assassin into the rest of the story.

So I expect it to be done to tie up a loose end when she runs out of main story purpose. If at all.

I feel confident calling this now...

Gendry will end up on the iron throne

He's a nothing, a powerful sponsor would have to force everyone else to accept it.

At least everyone else who's had a go had the decency to have a good comeback ready if anyone asked whose army would enforce their claim.

Last edited:
Good episode, infinitely better then last weeks.

Though it's still far too pacey for my liking. Some seriously big things happened this episode and they all felt undersold. I can't help feeling some of this stuff should have happened a season or two ago to help build up to the inevitable BIGGER moments that are yet to come. At the moment, that's all the show feels like. A precession of slightly handsome big moments.

Eurons character is bloody awful. It's bad enough that they've butchered his storyline from the books, but they're seriously underselling him here. Endlessly dull with zero intrigue. The weakest antagonist the show's ever had.

Last edited:
I'm more concerned about Dany's and her arrogance hiding behind her dragons. I'm 100% sure one will get killed via those balista's in KL and with the Night King being able to bring the dead back to life....imagine an undead dragon! Wasn't it said that the Night King had ice spiders or something too? Still waiting for one of the dragons to bow down, or allow Jon to get close - I'd love to see Dany's reaction to that.

Not a fan of Euron's character either tbh, but he was superb in the last episode where Jaime got his rear end handed to him on multiple occassions.

Back
Top Bottom