Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nah little finger would just find a different way to get people fighting. you need to remember the thing that sparks everything off is little finger having the hand of the king poisoned. he's just causing chaos and bran getting pushed out the window just helps him frame the lannisters for everything else
I don't think it's really the case that Littlefinger started everything. That's just where we came in on the story. It's been chaos as far back as anyone can remember, given the history the books are full of.

I don't think it's really the case that Littlefinger started everything. That's just where we came in on the story. It's been chaos as far back as anyone can remember, given the history the books are full of.
that's not really true. they've had 15 odd years of peace. what kicks things off in the books/show and ends the peace really is all little finger. he's the catalyst of this eras wars. my whole point was that if bran gets pushed from the window or not all the wars still happen.

Too much of the knowledge that gets passed from house to house seems to come via DPD ravens and it's always way too quick to arrive.
you're contradicting yourself ~ if they were DPD ravens they'd just fly past and drop a "you were out when we called" note over the battlements.

Probably who Dany's will first think of right away. I think he's too obvious though. I keep thinking Missandei but that's hardly fitting given she was rescued by Dany.
Varys said he was going to die, didn't he, which sounds like he's expecting this to be his last play for whatever sort of greater good he's got in mind.

I don't think there is a spy, just think they're getting out played. Casterly rock everyone knew they'd go for as it is so important. Tyrion had a way in nobody knew about but they didn't know Jaime was quite willing to give it up as with the mines gone it's not as important. I'm sure they're fully intending to get it back.
No one on Danys team were aware of the ironborn fleet siding with Cersei while coming up with these plans either.

I don't think there is a spy, just think they're getting out played. Casterly rock everyone knew they'd go for as it is so important. Tyrion had a way in nobody knew about but they didn't know Jaime was quite willing to give it up as with the mines gone it's not as important. I'm sure they're fully intending to get it back. No one on Danys team were aware of the ironborn fleet siding with Cersei while coming up with these plans either.

Jamie said he’d emptied the stores of food so basically will be starving them out anyway.

I did wonder about Varys but seems a bit too obvious, the writers like to keep us guessing most of the time.

I thought it was a very clever move by the Lannister’s to repay their debts before the war really started – does make you wonder whether the bank has a further involvement… probably not but interesting parallel to global capitalism.

When I was reading the books I wondered if Varys was deliberately fomenting chaos in Westeros to aid the Whitewalkers. The defining moment in Varys life is when a follower of the fire god cut off his bits and burnt them as an offering, at the time I imagined he might be trying to aid ice versus fire as vengeance.

If that were the case weakening Dany (whom I can't stand in the TV show) would work to that end.

i thinking it Varys,mainly because of the the lack of intel he is giving, after all you don't empty a castle of it's stores and match a very large army hundreds of miles without anyone noticing. yet his little birds knew nothing ?

i thinking it Varys,mainly because of the the lack of intel he is giving, after all you don't empty a castle of it's stores and match a very large army hundreds of miles without anyone noticing. yet his little birds knew nothing ?

Indeed, though at this point it could just be some more bad writing and another thing they just forgot.

I kinda just want GoT to hurry up and end now.

he doesn't have his little birds any more or at least he has far fewer, Qyburn inherited a bunch of them when he took over as spymaster

One thing I'll be annoyed at is if Dany and Jon never find out about the family connection. For example if one of them finds out once the other has died, or Bran ends up keeping it a secret upon discovering Jon and Dany get together, etc.

Varys said he was going to die, didn't he, which sounds like he's expecting this to be his last play for whatever sort of greater good he's got in mind.
Good point there. Can't wait to see who it ends up being.

One thing I'll be annoyed at is if Dany and Jon never find out about the family connection. For example if one of them finds out once the other has died, or Bran ends up keeping it a secret upon discovering Jon and Dany get together, etc.
Quite sure the dragons will make Dany realise there's more to Jon snow than King of the Norf. At some point I expect one of the dragons to bow down or allow him to approach them. It should give Dany at least a clue as to who he is.

Viserion is my bet. Out of all the dragons, he is the one named after a cowardly character who everyone hated. Rheagar and Drogo were true warriors.

We haven't seen Drogon yet, he is probably absolutely humongous now.

Also, why would the Tully army fight Dany? You don't mean the Tarly army do you?

Drogon? Yes we have, he was in the last episode. You regularly see all three dragons.

Back
Top Bottom