Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was this when she was talking to varys? I don't remember her saying that. What business does she have in volantis?

Yes. During that conversation she said she would only be a distraction if she stayed. Varys said "Were would you go" which is when she says Volantis.

Was this when she was talking to varys? I don't remember her saying that. What business does she have in volantis?
Go back and watch it again, but yes. She told him that she's hiding from Jon Snow.

Also.. The people of Volantis worship the lord of light. Maybe she feels her voice would be better heard there? She could also recruit more red priests to help fight the white walkers?

see, i read that as a poetic way of saying the more chaos spreads, the higher up the ladder you have to go, and when you eventually fall/run out of ladder, the bigger your drop is. probably resulting in your death.
It was a phrase Little Finger had previously mentioned in an earlier season.

I don't remember that scene. I was half expecting Jon snow to get roasted by khaleesi giving the order to her dragons, resulting in her finding out John is a targ.

I suppose that can't happen now

Will probably be done to Tyrion instead, maybe she will do Varys at the same time accusing them both of betraying her. Only Varys will go up in smoke leaving a unharmed Tyrion.

This entire season has been glorious so far. The whinging is so uncalled for it's insane. Sure people should voice their opinion but I don't see how you can watch this and complain about anything.

This entire season has been glorious so far. The whinging is so uncalled for it's insane. Sure people should voice their opinion but I don't see how you can watch this and complain about anything.

Some people are so wrapped up in their own little world, it will seem like a personal affront if something didn't play out exactly how they want it to. I find it amusing and laugh.

I've never seen anyone whinging... People have only voiced their opinion.... Then GoT superfans have blown it out of proportion and say they are not allowed to criticise.

Other than the battle which was amazing.. The pacing is off for me and the smaller scenes are not as good.... Continuity in the world is sometimes a little off too. Story telling quality / narrative has gone slightly downhill for me.

That said... It's still my fav show. I just think previous seasons were much much stronger. However they are still only competing with themselves in terms of quality... No other show comes near it ....If you want to class my opinion as whinging then so be it.

Last edited:
I've never seen anyone whinging... People have only voiced their opinion.... Then GoT superfans have blown it out of proportion and say they are not allowed to criticise.

Other than the battle which was amazing.. The pacing is off for me and the smaller scenes are not as good.... Continuity in the world is sometimes a little off too. Story telling quality / narrative has gone slightly downhill for me.

That said... It's still my fav show. I just think previous seasons were much much stronger. However they are still only competing with themselves in terms of quality. If you want to class my opinion as whinging then so be it.

I don't mind valid criticism and folks having opinions. It's just when they've got some misconception and are using it to bash the show it really grates. Also, every year we get the same shtick during the season (although ironically usually that nothing has happened or it's moving too slow) but by the end of the season it's once again the best thing ever. Always best to take the episodes for what they are, regardless of running times etc and judge the season on it's whole.

I don't mind valid criticism and folks having opinions. It's just when they've got some misconception and are using it to bash the show it really grates. Also, every year we get the same shtick during the season (although ironically usually that nothing has happened or it's moving too slow) but by the end of the season it's once again the best thing ever. Always best to take the episodes for what they are, regardless of running times etc and judge the season on it's whole.

Is it the same people who are criticising it's to slow one season and then to fast on another or are they different people complaining each time.

Up until this season I've never criticized the pacing of the show. However I'm feeling that things are happening way to fast. And that's not to say I want to watch Dany travelling the oceans on a realistic time frame. I just think adding a few scenes between the days, week, month long journeys would be better understood.....

Previous seasons also built things up much better because they took the time on the smaller sub plots and character interactions.

Don't interpretate that as bashing the show though... As it's still my favourite. Only stranger things comes close.

Back
Top Bottom