Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had a huge smile on my face at Gendry. So satisfying! :D

Decent episode. My main complaint is all the quick meetings, too convenient - except for Gendry!

Last edited:
Entire episode was rearranging the location of characters. Guess they had to do it at some point.

Handheld weapons in the show tend to be a decent level of realistic so a fighting hammer on the same level would look basically like a slightly larger claw hammer with a longer handle and a spike not a claw.

What they came out with had a comically huge head, was bizarrely front heavy and had the shine of plastic... I'm going to be distracted by how out of place it looks if I ever see it again.

would i be right in thinking from the line that Gilly read out that Jon snow is not a ******* as his parents were married

Next week will be like GoT meets the dirty dozen. I'm worried as I like lots of those characters and it never works out too well for most of the Dirty Dozen.

Also Little Finger, you delicious slimey *******. Only question is, is Arya playing him at his own game?

Entire episode was rearranging the location of characters. Guess they had to do it at some point.

Handheld weapons in the show tend to be a decent level of realistic so a fighting hammer on the same level would look basically like a slightly larger claw hammer with a longer handle and a spike not a claw.

What they came out with had a comically huge head, was bizarrely front heavy and had the shine of plastic... I'm going to be distracted by how out of place it looks if I ever see it again.

Taking after his old man I guess. In the book Ned says Robert's hammer was so big he could barely lift the thing, let alone swing it. I had literally typed something about the long shaft and big shiny black head before I realised what I was doing...
Innuendo aside, what metal would make it black? Could it be a weird dragon glass mix (although that's meant to be brittle so you'd think the worst idea ever for a hammer!).

wonder if we'll have more complaints from some people that there is no cut scene or filler material to tell them that lots of time has passed/a character has been on a journey when they pop up in Kings landing/Dragonstone and vice versa...

wonder if we'll have more complaints from some people that there is no cut scene or filler material to tell them that lots of time has passed/a character has been on a journey when they pop up in Kings landing/Dragonstone and vice versa...

There will always be one.

Taking after his old man I guess. In the book Ned says Robert's hammer was so big he could barely lift the thing, let alone swing it. I had literally typed something about the long shaft and big shiny black head before I realised what I was doing...
Innuendo aside, what metal would make it black? Could it be a weird dragon glass mix (although that's meant to be brittle so you'd think the worst idea ever for a hammer!).
If you go for the fantasy side, could be any old BS reason

Apart from that hes a smith who works steel and iron which is always silvery so a semi logical answer is a coating. But then it's a hammer which would wreck the coating immediately on use.

It was the way he swung it that got me.

I get the premise; he's a blacksmith. He swings a hammer all day. He can maybe fight with one. But that was way too slick.

I know it's not as interesting as boozums of GoT, but you do understand why we complain, right? It's only when things on screen are arranged to conveniently happen in same time and they can't possibly complete within the same timeframe, even in make belief world of dragons and unburnt queens, which is actually very detailed and physical in terms of time and space. It's lazy writing and nobody wants another Lost or Leftovers finale.
At this stage, with two episodes till the end of the season we can't do much about it - stuff is already badly paced, really badly - if you don't feel it now, you'll feel it some day when you re-watch all seasons - but this blissful ignorance from the writers works both ways - with only 8 episodes to go, beginning next week characters in GoT would have to start dying at holocaust scale for any decent resolution to their stories. Otherwise it will turn out we've been watching irrelevant, unresolved plots and threads for years or the show will really have to end with Bran waking up from a coma after falling from tower to discover everyone is still alive and fine and all of it was but a dream.

Having said that - I liked ep5, probably my favourite this season.

Last edited:
It's something new, something daring, it's the next level of complaining.

Not about the show, not about a comment but about comments which haven't been made.

I know it's not as interesting as boozums of GoT, but you do understand why we complain, right? It's only when things on screen are arranged to conveniently happen in same time and they can't possibly complete within the same timeframe, even in make belief world of dragons and unburnt queens, which is actually very detailed and physical in terms of time and space.

Not really, it isn't a valid complaint at all, there is simply variation in time between scenes that is all (there always has been, there are just fewer separate story arcs now), Tyrion went from dragon stone to kings landing and back all within the last episode, obviously some time has passed in between those scenes , we don't need a scene of him on a boat or an 80s style montage to grasp that time has passed, it just seems rather obvious.

Likewise Jon went from dragon stone to east watch within last part of the last episode, we didn't need to spread that journey out over several episodes, sure in season 1 we had several scenes on the kings road covering the same journey but there were significant events taking place there... so we spent more time to cover the same distance. There is absolutely no need to put in filler material for the sake of it... we see Jon at dragon stone, we know where he's going and next time we seem him he's there... likewise with Tyrion. I really don't see the issue at all. Nothing to do with 'ignorance' from the writers but more like the conceptual failure of people complaining.

Damn, 8 episodes left total... I wonder if there's any chance they'll extend next season to the full 10 episodes instead of 6? Jeez, 6 episodes next season, that sounds terrible. I really need to lower my expectations for how this show is going to end...

Back
Top Bottom