Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know, just seemed a nice chap. They don't last too long in Westeros! She should have listened to Tyrion, wiping out (or so they thought) a whole house was a bit extreme.

I hope Sam at some point really gets to stick the proverbial finger up at her for torching his big brother.

So...clearly not all 7 of the Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai who have gone north of the wall will survive, so who are we thinking will cop it? My money is on Davos, Beric and Thoros

I know, just seemed a nice chap. They don't last too long in Westeros! She should have listened to Tyrion, wiping out (or so they thought) a whole house was a bit extreme.

I hope Sam at some point really gets to stick the proverbial finger up at her for torching his big brother.

Considering Sam's relationship with his father, I doubt it. He's another of the list of characters on the 'good' side who were either family outcasts or black sheep - it seems one of the things they're building towards is the fact that the people on the 'build a better world' side care less about their Houses's stature or personal gain and more about putting aside differences for the greater good. For centuries it's been feudalism and House vs House, which is what Dany's break the wheel thing is about, and now we have Team Jonayres: one (or two!) Targs, Lannister, Mormont, Stark, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Tarly, Seaworth etc all working together.

Considering Sam's relationship with his father, I doubt it. He's another of the list of characters on the 'good' side who were either family outcasts or black sheep - it seems one of the things they're building towards is the fact that the people on the 'build a better world' side care less about their Houses's stature or personal gain and more about putting aside differences for the greater good. For centuries it's been feudalism and House vs House, which is what Dany's break the wheel thing is about, and now we have Team Jonayres: one (or two!) Targs, Lannister, Mormont, Stark, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Tarly, Seaworth etc all working together.

See, now this talk of Houses has me curious. I'm not heavily into the written lore from the books, but presumably there is a House Clegane, do they have lands/castle and are the Mountain and the Hound the only two surviving "heirs" (if we can consider the Mountain to be living).

Another thing I wondered about..I know that physical attributes are tied to bloodlines (hair colours and so on) , are the Targaryens traditionally known to be small in height? Dany is short, there was the comment about shortness of Jon and if height is a physical attribute of Targs would that then lend credence to the Tyrion being a Targ theory?

I thought the episode was making it clear that Jon was not born out of wedlock and is NOT a bar steward - a legit targ.

Got the impression he and his brother got on alright. It was just his father he wasn't to enamoured with. Bit like Tyrion, Jaime and Tywin.
I think he'd possibly forgive the death of his father, not his brother.

See, now this talk of Houses has me curious. I'm not heavily into the written lore from the books, but presumably there is a House Clegane, do they have lands/castle and are the Mountain and the Hound the only two surviving "heirs" (if we can consider the Mountain to be living).

Another thing I wondered about..I know that physical attributes are tied to bloodlines (hair colours and so on) , are the Targaryens traditionally known to be small in height? Dany is short, there was the comment about shortness of Jon and if height is a physical attribute of Targs would that then lend credence to the Tyrion being a Targ theory?

I think it's one of those 'maybe' theories but then again there's lots of those in the books, and some are more popular than others. I think thematically it's better if Tyrion is a Lannister through and through as having everyone ending up being conveniently Targaryen just makes a presumed ending where the Targ's rule the roost again rather than it being somewhat more democratic.

I thought the episode was making it clear that Jon was not born out of wedlock and is NOT a bar steward - official targ.

Yes, Gilly is confirming that the Grand Maester annulled the previous marriage and that R+L was legit, thus making Jon a legit Targ and not a b*stard (again!). Bran knows they had a kid, so plot convention dictates Sam needs to come to Winterfell to meet Bran so they can put the wedding and the baby together.

So he should be king?

Yes, it means he pips Dany in terms of who is 'supposed' to be rightful heir, although between the shows SRS eye-****ery between the two, prophecies and hints in the books etc they'll probably end up married anyway so it's moot. Let's hope it's not another colourful wedding... :eek:

(EDIT - sorry Jorah, friend-zoned 4ever)

Just had a thought. Jaime and Cersei's new baby... what if Euron has already ... had a private audience with the Queen?!

Also they did say that Dany was a conqueror and not a ruler, seems rather obvious what is going to happen... The Night King on the Iron Throne ;)

According to what Gilly was reading, they were.

well she read that the first marriage was annulled, she didn't read that the second marriage took place - though it seems likely

Just had a thought. Jaime and Cersei's new baby... what if Euron has already ... had a private audience with the Queen?!

well he'll be taunting Jamie by sniffing his fingers in front of him no doubt... (that is assuming Cersei does in fact, as he pondered, like a finger up her :eek:....)

Back
Top Bottom