Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know it's not as interesting as boozums of GoT, but you do understand why we complain, right? It's only when things on screen are arranged to conveniently happen in same time and they can't possibly complete within the same timeframe, even in make belief world of dragons and unburnt queens, which is actually very detailed and physical in terms of time and space. It's lazy writing and nobody wants another Lost or Leftovers finale.
At this stage, with two episodes till the end of the season we can't do much about it - stuff is already badly paced, really badly - if you don't feel it now, you'll feel it some day when you re-watch all seasons - but this blissful ignorance from the writers works both ways - with only 8 episodes to go, beginning next week characters in GoT would have to start dying at holocaust scale for any decent resolution to their stories. Otherwise it will turn out we've been watching irrelevant, unresolved plots and threads for years or the show will really have to end with Bran waking up from a coma after falling from tower to discover everyone is still alive and fine and all of it was but a dream.

Having said that - I liked ep5, probably my favourite this season.

If it helps maybe you should think of the story threads as overlapping in their timelines as opposed to running contiguous? I don't think the time frames are nearly so badly out as you seem to.

Not sure why characters will have to die to finish their storyline? I'm sure lots of things won't be tied off neatly with a bow tie. It's not Eastenders or some crappy soap you're watching where someone has a secret affair and it has to come out eventually. Characters will take secrets to the grave or just carry on with their lives once the events of the show are done. For example, Jon will never have that last talk with Ned or Cat will never express her guilt over how she treated him.

This episode was definitely a move the chess pieces around the board ep. Liked it a lot - lots of meetings, reunions.

Damn, 8 episodes left total... I wonder if there's any chance they'll extend next season to the full 10 episodes instead of 6? Jeez, 6 episodes next season, that sounds terrible. I really need to lower my expectations for how this show is going to end...

6 episodes next season but they haven't ruled out each one being 80+ minutes if needed.

even if they are 80 mins i still think it's not long enough and will leave stones unturned

the dragon queen is turning into her old man

Not really, it isn't a valid complaint at all, there is simply variation in time between scenes that is all

No honey, you are still not paying attention (try moving eyes up from those boozums from time to time ;) ) For the 50th time, it's got nothing to do with time between scenes. Nobody needs montage of Jons travel to the wall. It was always about events that couldn't happen the way they were arranged/shown for your benefit by very lazy writers fobbing off the story. Danny couldn't surprise Jamie's army with sudden loot train raid because Jon was only two weeks from capital (it's provided multiple times - for example during Iron Bank conversation) - so everything on screen in that episode is out of sequence due to bad editing fodding lousy plot - it's weeks from Jamies perspective, hours from Jon's perspective while it's 13 days of rowing for Theon who was only 12 hours off Dragonstone etc, while in the true time scale of the events Danny would be not just hours but days late in Westeros time to the party anyway. It's not about what you imagined in your head, or what fan fiction you can meister as an excuse on the spot - you have to start looking at it in terms of what was shown on the screen. And what was shown was convenient, lazy and Mary Sue-sque - posters on this forum provided better put together plot and staging than people who take millions per episode.

If you don't get it now, don't worry - you will once you re-watch it in its entirety. But we've been through all that for around 300 posts - so listen - this is the last time you are provoking return to the same conversation or I will have to presume you are trolling for post count.

That's a very confused post above, what does Jon have to do with the loot train? I think you're the one trolling tbh.. with this rather misplaced nitpicking re: where it is completely unwarranted. Not to mention throwing in sarcasm like "no honey" etc.. why not just put forth arguments instead of stooping low like that?

Surely with such a force she can turn south, take everything and then face north. Doesn't seem like it would take long. I doubt this will end as simply as Danny winning and being on the throne.

]That's a very confused post above, what does Jon have to do with the loot train?

Watch the staging to the Loot Train Attack (R).

why not just put forth arguments instead of stooping low like that?
Because I've done it for literally tens of posts and better part of the last seven days, then you return to it week later with a classic troll stroll - specifically to start the same "everything can be explained by far fetched fan fiction if you just press on your bowels hard enough" moronics vs what actually happens on your screen routine again. That's quintessence of trolling...

(looks at dowie up and down, stretches neck left and right, assumes SW:TFA Rey's "staff fighting stance" with a kitchen mop, stretches his arm palm up and waves "come at me bra" with four fingers )

...honey...

wonder if we'll have more complaints from some people that there is no cut scene or filler material to tell them that lots of time has passed/a character has been on a journey when they pop up in Kings landing/Dragonstone and vice versa...

Nothing wrong with discussing differing opinions but could we please try and do it in a cordial manner?

Good start dowie.

moronics vs what actually happens on your screen routine again. That's quintessence of trolling...

(looks at dowie up and down, stretches neck left and right, assumes SW:TFA Rey's "staff fighting stance" with a kitchen mop, stretches his arm palm up and waves "come at me bra" with four fingers )

...honey...

'moronics' 'honey'... and it is me that is supposed to be trolling? Again perhaps just stick to the actual arguments. I've watched the loot train attack, I'm not seeing a huge issue, I'm simply disagreeing with you.

Good start dowie.

"nothing wrong with discussing differing opinions" - it is the other poster throwing around borderline insults (see above), I simply disagree with him that's all

it is the other poster throwing around borderline insults, I simply disagree with him that's all

I think you are just looking very hard to be upset this morning, anyone reading my staging of what you call "borderline insults" can see they were made in jest. I'm not really standing there in Rey stance with a mop waiting to whack you, you know.

Now, cutting lols short - I publicly apologise for calling you 'honey'. May this olive branch be opportunity for you to become upset about something else and the rest of us return to GoT topics?

Last edited:
'moronics' 'honey'... and it is me that is supposed to be trolling? Again perhaps just stick to the actual arguments. I've watched the loot train attack, I'm not seeing a huge issue, I'm simply disagreeing with you.

"nothing wrong with discussing differing opinions" - it is the other poster throwing around borderline insults (see above), I simply disagree with him that's all

You got the response you expected when you wrote that post.

Time was completely messed up in this episode but it was still a decent episode and v0n even said it was his favourite this season yet you are still goading him when he's pointing out obvious flaws in the timeline.

I think you are just looking very hard to be upset this morning, anyone reading my staging of what you call "borderline insults" can see they were made in jest. I'm not really standing there in Rey stance with a mop waiting to whack you, you know. Now, I publicly apologise about calling you 'honey'. May this olive branch be opportunity for you to become upset about something else and the rest of us return to GoT topics?

I'm not upset, I'm just highlighting why it is pretty dubious to call me a troll simply for disagreeing with you in a cordial manner when your posts are written like that.

Time was completely messed up in this episode but it was still a decent episode and v0n even said it was his favourite this season yet you are still goading him when he's pointing out obvious flaws in the timeline.

I'm not seeing where the timeline was 'messed up' in this episode? How was it messed up? (I'm not goading anyone, it was simply a comment about some of the ridiculous and rather flawed/misplaced nit picking a few people seem to inevitably indulge in)

Probably the fact Davos was at Dragonstone, rowed to Kings Landing then rowed back only to end up at Eastwatch by the end of the episode. Pretty crazy, but I get it.

yeah but there isn't anything 'messed up' in that, there is just a larger jump in time between scenes... time has never been constant between scenes so criticism of that is simply flawed

even if they are 80 mins i still think it's not long enough and will leave stones unturned

the dragon queen is turning into her old man

She really isn't, even the producers address this in this weeks behind the episode. There is only one Mad Queen in GoT and it's the one currently sitting on the throne.

Wow the latest episode hooned through time! Back up at the wall in about 2 mins!

Another good episode - I like that all the characters are meeting back up and coming together :)

Also!!! Did anyone take notice of what Gilli said?? Very interesting :D

yeah but burning Dickon was a dickon move.

I think it was already established that Dickon was bit of a yes-man and blindly followed his father rather than doing a lot of thinking for himself - he didn't have to volunteer for a Darwin award and ignored his own father's advice - and they didn't have to betray the Tyrells either, so little sympathy. Leaves Sam free to be head of the house eventually too.

Back
Top Bottom