Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
One thing I don't understand is that killing Dany should have automatically made Jon the king, just like the death of every other king/queen automatically made the next one in line the king/queen.

When was Jamie king, exactly? When everyone thought Tyrion poisoned Joffrey, was Tyrion named king? Did they try and enroyal the Boar that stuck Robert?

Caporegime
Was Jaime the "next one in line"? Nope.

"Power resides where men think it resides".

Do you really think Greyworm gives a monkey's bottom about the line of succession? The rest of the Westerosi don't, AFAICT, even know Jon is Aegon and, even if they did, "I murdered up the Queen, I'm in line now!" seems unlikely to be a winning argument. Kingslayer is a serious insult; Jamie only survived it because Robert was chuffed and the Lannisters were too powerful to threaten their son. It still wrecked his public reception.

Soldato
You should go watch The Sopranos right now, I reckon it's a better show than either GoT or BB. Actually quite jealous of you as you'll get to see it for the first time.

I know it's supposed to be one of the greatest and a mate is always banging on about it.

Did try once but didn't grab me after a couple of episodes. Need to try again.

Caporegime

Do you really think Greyworm gives a monkey's bottom about the line of succession? The rest of the Westerosi don't, AFAICT, even know Jon is Aegon and, even if they did, "I murdered up the Queen, I'm in line now!" seems unlikely to be a winning argument. Kingslayer is a serious insult; Jamie only survived it because Robert was chuffed and the Lannisters were too powerful to threaten their son. It still wrecked his public reception.
do you think greyworm gives a crap about the only 2 thing that gave meaning to his life being killed?

Why didn't he turn mad and lay waste to kings landing and everything else in westeros? why didn't the dothraki do the same?

makes more sense than the mad queen, but apparently they peacefully leave westeros.

Do you really think their is any point in trying to talk about logic when it comes to this show?

Caporegime

Grey Worm and the public's opinions shouldn't matter. It was still Jon's by right. Obviously the people are free to rebel against this and attempt to get rid of Jon, but he was still the rightful heir no matter what he did. It was automatically his. No one else stole it or made a claim for it (like Robert did after killing Rhaegar).

Jaime was merely a Kingsguard. But if he was somehow the next in line after killing Aerys then I'm fairly certain his arse would have been sat on that throne and no one could do anything about it.

Caporegime
Grey Worm and the public's opinions shouldn't matter. It was still Jon's by right. Obviously the people are free to rebel against this and attempt to get rid of Jon, but he was still the rightful heir no matter what he did. It was automatically his. No one else stole it or made a claim for it (like Robert did after killing Rhaegar).

And how was Jon to claim it? Locked in a cell with no army to call his own?

He could, to be fair, try it now he is free but do you really see Jon raising an army against his half-brother/cousin? Totally not in character.

Caporegime
And how was Jon to claim it? Locked in a cell with no army to call his own?

He could, to be fair, try it now he is free but do you really see Jon raising an army against his half-brother/cousin? Totally not in character.

He didn't need to claim it, as it was automatically his. His family should have known this. They should have gone there demanding the release of their rightful king. I think Sansa even said they had the rest of the North waiting outside the gates ready to attack if Jon was harmed.

I'm not too bothered that he didn't end up on the throne. I'm just confused as to why Sansa and everyone else didn't mention it at all when it was fact. They gave Bran the throne even though it wasn't theirs to give away. If they were my siblings I'd be annoyed but Jon is a complete pushover.

Soldato
Haven't seen this mentioned yet but Martin has had his say on his blog:

How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?

Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

Basically cryptic as one would expect and seems to be largely defending the show and everyone involved. He does mention he's got 5 shows under development at HBO so I imagine he would be doing that :p

Soldato
I don't recall Gendry even appearing - what happened to him (and one of the older, from a story pov, North bannerman appearing out of nowhere after doing nothing for a series or more getting a small speech)

He was at the meeting with the others to decide the fate of the kingdoms. Probably after how they reacted to Edmure he decided to keep quiet about his own claim to the throne and is happy with his fate.

Also, quite funny the Reddit random extra guy they keep showing up, he's appeared in every(?) battle and at Sansa's coronation.

Soldato
He already knows she'll kill anyone she thinks is a threat without any delay or warning, and she's already shown she isn't likely or willing to listen to reason.

Do you:
A: bet the lives of hundreds of thousands, including your family, and yourself that she'll change (and not change back).
B: Take action.

depends on hotness, of course.

Soldato
He didn't need to claim it, as it was automatically his. His family should have known this. They should have gone there demanding the release of their rightful king. I think Sansa even said they had the rest of the North waiting outside the gates ready to attack if Jon was harmed.

I'm not too bothered that he didn't end up on the throne. I'm just confused as to why Sansa and everyone else didn't mention it at all when it was fact. They gave Bran the throne even though it wasn't theirs to give away. If they were my siblings I'd be annoyed but Jon is a complete pushover.
I'd much prefer to have him named king only for him to choose to take the black, stripping him of all titles and renouncing his claim for the throne. That would be much more bittersweet for me. Bitter than he leaves his real family and birthright behind, sweet that he gets to leave the ******** that is Westeros and it's politics behind to go live with the family that chose him when he was nothing but a high Lords *******.

Caporegime
I'd much prefer to have him named king only for him to choose to take the black, stripping him of all titles and renouncing his claim for the throne. That would be much more bittersweet for me. Bitter than he leaves his real family and birthright behind, sweet that he gets to leave the ******** that is Westeros and it's politics behind to go live with the family that chose him when he was nothing but a high Lords *******.

Yep, this is exactly how I would have liked it to end. Jon actually given the choice rather than have everyone else do it for him.

For all we know he might have wanted Sansa to take it, but we'll never find out.

Associate
By the end I was hoping grey worm would change his mind & kill Jon as he left. Would have nicely echoed the end of season 1 & left everything up in the air..

Associate
They is no way half the shows people are mentioning here would stand up to today's standard of picking apart of everything. People spend more time repeating themselves over and over about how rubbish something was rather than say their piece and walk away from something they supposedly hated.

Sopranos, I enjoyed it a lot but each season just had a different character to be irritating. Daughter, then wife, then junkie mobster, then junkie mobsters future wife, then son, while all the time having a simpsons joke of a mobster in paulie. The sopranos would be ripped apart in 2019 with you all watching for 8 years reminding us how bad it is.

Boardwalk empire, joke of a final season or two. A more rushed hatchet job when the plug was pulled than GOT. I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted but it had clearly run its course. To look back on such a show as how to wrap it up, laughable.

BB was excellent, almost perfect but examples of 5 to 8 seasons of great TV wrapped up well, ends with BB.

But hey Angry Joe videos where you spend 45 minutes repeating over and over what you hate seems to be a thing, same with walking dead where people make out they are only watching due to spending 4 years watching already in the hope it suddenly becomes something they love while repeatedly telling the internet why the writing sucks.

If they stated a series 9 was coming, every single one of you would be back next year whinging about how rubbish it all is. I get having your say but dedicating so much time in a thread on what you hate, trying to convince anyone who enjoyed it that they were wrong, well I just don't understand that level of time wasting in your life.

I loved it, would watch an Arya spin off and hope there is one. Reading a lot of the posts this season on here and lot's make mention or hint that the issue is Jon didn't become or do all you dreamed.

Or that one clip keeps being regurgitated to imply the cast hated the season. A nicely edited 3 minute clip. The cast have said plenty of good things and given good interviews but hey negativity keeps you guys going. Just how long are you going to keep this thread chugging a long with nothing but negative posts?

Back
Top Bottom