Winter Transfer Window 23/24

Rewarded with what, sorry? A reduced salary (due to image rights) and getting punted out the club?

Making a disgrace of himself - then getting a move to another big European club. He's been paid his normal salary for months now despite not training or playing. Forgive me if I don't shed any tears.

Making a disgrace of himself - then getting a move to another big European club. He's been paid his normal salary for months now despite not training or playing. Forgive me if I don't shed any tears.
I'm not suggesting that you shed any tears, I'm just not sure why him moving to Dortmund makes the situation worse?

And it's been widely reported that his image rights have expired due to his lack of match time and United have reduced his salary accordingly.

I literally couldn't care less either way - as far as I'm concerned he and the club have both conducted matters pretty poorly. His attitude is clearly awful (which I imagine is why other decent sides didn't sign him), and United signed him when he played the same position as one of their better players at the time, and have failed to sustain a relationship with him despite, surely, knowing of his disciplinary issues before signing him. I'm just saying that I find it weird that now is the moment you choose to be disgusted.

Supporters of x will always side with the club over a player in these disputes but the complete lack of responsibility from the club never ceases to amaze me. When Utd were doing their character assassination of Sancho, briefing stories to the press about how unprofessional he is, these stories included claims about how he was the same at Dortmund. A 5 second google finds reports of him having to train with the reserves at Dortmund for being late, being fined by Dortmund for being late. Are we going to pretend that Utd didn't know these things before they signed him? Of course they did so while people won't have any sympathy for Sancho, they shouldn't have any for Utd either. They knew what they were signing so if he carries on behaving the same way, that's on them as much as him.

I am not absolving the club of any blame here either. For the past decade they've made all the wrong decisions over and over again. I almost dislike them as much as Sancho.

I just hope it improves from here.

Oh come on, character assassination, thats rich. Sancho is a lazy oik getting paid silly money to do something that 99% of football fans would give up everything to do for 1/10th of what these idiots get paid. I assume the club thought that being at one of the biggest clubs in the world and getting paid £300k/week along with no longer being a big fish in a small pond might change his attitude or they could manage it.

I have no idea how people come up with the idea that the player isn't by far the biggest issue in these cases. The club could have handled it slightly better but at some point, **** him. I would say I wish him the best in future but I don't. While the majority of the country struggles to get by and work crappy 9-5 jobs around their busy family lives, these pillocks get to behave like 5 year olds and get paid more in a week than some do in a decade. Oh no, the manager said I'm not training that well. Oh no, the manager said I am unprofessional. Oh, well yes, I am lazy and unprofessional but don't actually tell people that.

Oh come on, character assassination, thats rich. Sancho is a lazy oik getting paid silly money to do something that 99% of football fans would give up everything to do for 1/10th of what these idiots get paid. I assume the club thought that being at one of the biggest clubs in the world and getting paid £300k/week along with no longer being a big fish in a small pond might change his attitude or they could manage it.

I have no idea how people come up with the idea that the player isn't by far the biggest issue in these cases. The club could have handled it slightly better but at some point, **** him. I would say I wish him the best in future but I don't. While the majority of the country struggles to get by and work crappy 9-5 jobs around their busy family lives, these pillocks get to behave like 5 year olds and get paid more in a week than some do in a decade. Oh no, the manager said I'm not training that well. Oh no, the manager said I am unprofessional. Oh, well yes, I am lazy and unprofessional but don't actually tell people that.
A lazy oik that Utd signed, knowing exactly what he was like. They weren't briefing the press of his terrible attitude then of course, only once he bit back at a manager with a bit of a Napoleon complex.

And why people don't think the player is the biggest issue? Probably because Sancho is just the latest example of this happening at Utd. Utd fans hammered Ronaldo for his terrible attitude when he fell out with ETH but was anybody really shocked with how it ended with him? Ronaldo is the biggest tart in football, Utd knew that when they signed him or did they expect him to change his attitude when he was returning to Utd? What about Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku etc etc etc.

Utd keep signing and or giving new contracts to **** and then we're meant to feel sorry for them when these players behave like ****?

A lazy oik that Utd signed, knowing exactly what he was like. They weren't briefing the press of his terrible attitude then of course, only once he bit back at a manager with a bit of a Napoleon complex.

And why people don't think the player is the biggest issue? Probably because Sancho is just the latest example of this happening at Utd. Utd fans hammered Ronaldo for his terrible attitude when he fell out with ETH but was anybody really shocked with how it ended with him? Ronaldo is the biggest tart in football, Utd knew that when they signed him or did they expect him to change his attitude when he was returning to Utd? What about Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku etc etc etc.

Utd keep signing and or giving new contracts to **** and then we're meant to feel sorry for them when these players behave like ****?

When has anyone said they feel sorry for United? They are a football club. No one is feeling sorry for United signing players that are *****. What people are saying is that these players are pathetic. The requirements of them are frankly laughable considering their salaries. They are laughable for someone on 1/10th of their salaries. Basic professionalism.

Most people don't put most of the blame on the party who is being taken advantage of even if "they should have known what they were getting". That doesn't mean the other party isn't a worthless *****. It doesn't mean they aren't the big issue. If these players United spend vast sums of money just put their heads down and worked there wouldn't be a problem. Its not like they are being asked for much.

When has anyone said they feel sorry for United? They are a football club. No one is feeling sorry for United signing players that are *****. What people are saying is that these players are pathetic. The requirements of them are frankly laughable considering their salaries. They are laughable for someone on 1/10th of their salaries. Basic professionalism.

Most people don't put most of the blame on the party who is being taken advantage of even if "they should have known what they were getting". That doesn't mean the other party isn't a worthless *****. It doesn't mean they aren't the big issue. If these players United spend vast sums of money just put their heads down and worked there wouldn't be a problem. Its not like they are being asked for much.
The feeling sorry for Utd comment was in response to your line about the player being the biggest issue in these situations. The players takes their share of the blame of course (something I've never questioned btw) but the club has to also however you rarely see supporters blaming the club, like we're seeing now it's all "player x is a lazy **** etc etc etc". Well here's an idea, don't sign lazy ****s and you wouldn't be in this position. And this clearly isn't a one off, Sancho is just the latest example at Utd.

When a club is committing well in excess of £100m on a player they have a responsibility to do their due diligence on that player. Utd would have known exactly what Sancho was like and they still took the decision to sign him. They decided his ability was worth the gamble but when that gamble back fires, they have to shoulder the blame for the decision they took.

Yeah I can't think of a single time anyone has questioned the structure at the club.
Interesting choice of words there. Complaining about the Glazers (usually for not spending enough money) isn't the same as blaming the manager for buying ****heads. I certainly can't recall any supporters questioning these signings anyway, it was usually 'just pay the money' shouts.

Interesting choice of words there. Complaining about the Glazers (usually for not spending enough money) isn't the same as blaming the manager for buying ****heads. I certainly can't recall any supporters questioning these signings anyway, it was usually 'just pay the money' shouts.
So you're expecting fans to be aware of all the ins and outs of players clubs sign? Seems a bit unreasonable, most fans won't even have seen players outside England play unless it's in CL or perhaps for their country.

And yes of course people blame the Glazers, who exactly do you think is responsible for the structure of the club if not the owners :cry:

Back
Top Bottom