Winter Transfer Window 23/24

Don
So you're expecting fans to be aware of all the ins and outs of players clubs sign? Seems a bit unreasonable, most fans won't even have seen players outside England play unless it's in CL or perhaps for their country.

And yes of course people blame the Glazers, who exactly do you think is responsible for the structure of the club if not the owners :cry:
Your Glazers comment is such a terrible attempt at twisting something because you don't have an argument, which is why I commented on your interesting choice of words in your last reply. Yes, Utd fans have complained about 'the structure of the club', I'm not sure what that has to do with anything I've said. I'm yet to see Utd fans acknowledge the fact that the club have to take their share of the blame for continuously signing ****heads and or giving them new contracts. In fact when we had this very same argument following the Ronaldo fallout, you again refused to accept the club were to blame in any way there too. Are you going to pretend you didn't know Ronaldo was a tart? Even Ronaldo's family know he's a tart.

If the club are continuously buying ****heads and in many cases giving them new contracts, when the whole world know they're ****heads maybe you need to start pointing the finger at the club too, rather than, as you do, just attacking the player.

Caporegime
You asked why the club hasn't done due diligence on signings and signed players that aren't putting the effort in....and you can't see how talking about the structure at the club is connected? Come on Baz, I know you do this every so often but at least try and hide it.

Don
You asked why the club hasn't done due diligence on signings and signed players that aren't putting the effort in....and you can't see how talking about the structure at the club is connected? Come on Baz, I know you do this every so often but at least try and hide it.
I didn't ask why the club hasn't done due diligence :confused: I said they have a responsibility to do so and acknowledge that Utd would have known exactly what Sancho was like (implying that they had done their due diligence), as they (and the world) knew what Ronaldo was like etc etc.

Saying that you've complained about the structure of the club is nothing more than a cop out. At no point during the Sancho fall out have you commented on the decision makers at the club ****ing up in any way, shape or form. It's just been "Sancho's a ****", "Sancho just had to say sorry" and so on. It was identical during the Ronaldo fall out. My original comment which sparked this was that it never ceases to amaze me how clubs avoid taking any responsibility in these situations - supporters (of all clubs) just attack the player and almost never acknowledge any blame on the part of the club and that is exactly what's happened here. All the comments are about how much of a **** Sancho is and I'm yet to see a Utd fan question why Utd signed him knowing he was like this to begin with and why they keep signing (or re-signing) players with **** attitudes.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I'm sure we'll be having the same discussion when x leaves the club in 6, 12 or 18 months.

Soldato
I may have slightly exaggerated. I'm pretty sure all the Newcastle fans were saying he wasn't really rubbish and Eddie has turned him into a proper footballer.

Soldato
OP
Wouldn’t want him anyway, he’s going though the same purple patch now, that Miggy did last season.
one of them stories that make the headlines for no reason. Never enquired about him but somehow we can't afford him lol

Only deal I see us getting done is Philips probably in the last few days in the window. Only real club that seems interested in him so City might just drop their must buy option for the loan to be completed.

Soldato
one of them stories that make the headlines for no reason. Never enquired about him but somehow we can't afford him lol

Only deal I see us getting done is Philips probably in the last few days in the window. Only real club that seems interested in him so City might just drop their must buy option for the loan to be completed.
I don’t think we will do any business TBH, players coming back early February, back to 1 game a week, I don’t think they will see the need.

Soldato

So, Man Utd are being linked with Olise now. I'm resigned to Olise leaving but I really think he can do better. Man City and Liverpool would be better options for him and arguably Chelsea as well.

Soldato
And reports on the BBC that you've pulled out the loan for Phillips from City due to the loan fee, would've thought he would make complete sense now your without both Tonali and Joelinton

Soldato
And reports on the BBC that you've pulled out the loan for Phillips from City due to the loan fee, would've thought he would make complete sense now your without both Tonali and Joelinton
I think it’s more the obligation to buy that city want in the deal, £7m loan fee then £35m in the summer, £42m for Philips is not worth it and you can get far better value in Europe.

Soldato
I think it’s more the obligation to buy that city want in the deal, £7m loan fee then £35m in the summer, £42m for Philips is not worth it and you can get far better value in Europe.
Think he is worth £42m (if he can get back to his Leeds days) but as he hasn't played much you would have to question his sharpness\fitness

Soldato
Think he is worth £42m (if he can get back to his Leeds days) but as he hasn't played much you would have to question his sharpness\fitness
Far better players available on the continent for less than £42m in the summer. Dont get me wrong I think we need players in, but I would prefer to wait until the summer if a better player is available for less

Soldato
OP
Far better players available on the continent for less than £42m in the summer. Dont get me wrong I think we need players in, but I would prefer to wait until the summer if a better player is available for less
Depends on the on Philps you get. Leeds version is everything we lack and would be a bargain at that price buts he’s did **** all since going to City hence the loan fee and obligation to buy is putting everyone off.

Our rotating midfield ain’t working due to fitness we just need an out and out 6 if the team is expected to play 2-3 games a week.

Soldato
Depends on the on Philps you get. Leeds version is everything we lack and would be a bargain at that price buts he’s did **** all since going to City hence the loan fee and obligation to buy is putting everyone off.

Our rotating midfield ain’t working due to fitness we just need an out and out 6 if the team is expected to play 2-3 games a week.
if the Leeds version was still in the man, they wouldn’t be shipping him out on loan and he would be rotating with Rodri, the fact that he can’t get off the bench when city are trying to shut up shop at the end of games should tell you everything you need to know.

Back
Top Bottom