Winter Transfer Window 23/24

I would say there is less than 1% chance we make a permanent signing in January. The new regime isn't even in yet. I would suspect we'll try and get a striker in on loan but their will be limited options, same as last year.

That's not difficult :p

It's a pity as you can see Sancho has a lot of ability, just a real lack of effort/discipline/application. I wouldn't blame ETH either as he's had issues at other clubs before us.

He’s been absolute garbage. I remember thinking Gareth is an idiot not playing him but turns out he was right.

Toney to Chelsea makes perfect sense for all involved, hopefully we can get a proper goal scorer

Makes perfect sense for all those who don't understand FFP and how Arsenal have spent a fraction over longer period and are needing to sell to buy anyone.

I'd be very happy with Olise, would prefer a better source though. Looks like he has a release clause in the summer.

Several Premier league teams being linked with a Firmino loan apparently, if he is coming back on a loan to the Premier League he should come back to Liverpool on loan, wouldnt seem right to see Bobby in another EPL shirt

Sancho is talent but with terrible attitude. Antony is good attitude but with below average talent.

Latter is always better if you have to have one, at least he turns up for his job.
I think it depends on a few factors, like the level you are competing at and whether the attitude is toxic.
If you are competing at the highest level, then you need the talent, someone who is below average won't be good enough, them turning up for work just costs you money because they don't get in the team. You could argue Matt Le Tissier is an example of this, Southampton were in the top division and they needed his talent to stay up, despite perhaps a slightly lazy or selfish attitude at times.
Conversely at a lower level having a luxury player with the wrong attitude might be an issue.

Then there's the toxicity element, where a player's attitude is rubbing off on the rest of the squad and undermining the club. You could possibly say CR7's second term at MU is an example of this, he undoubtedly had the talent to play at the top end of the PL, but supposedly he was a bit of a bad apple.

Back
Top Bottom