Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
It's an archaic formal gesture acknowledging higher status and declaring obedience. It was often used as an acknowledgement of defeat, where the defeated bent the knee to the victor.

And latterly used to hang a lampshade on such.

Would you see the problem if the players of a national team gave a Nazi salute and pledged obedience to the Fuhrer before each match? Would you say that wouldn't be a problem because it only took a few seconds?

Gosh, Godwin's getting a workout again...

They would be the individuals referenced in Dowies post. Try and keep up, darling.

Help a simple fella here and spell it out for me.

Caporegime
So the comedian Andrew Lawrence decided to live life on the edge by posting a tweet about the penalties; https://news.sky.com/story/comedian...ments-in-the-wake-of-euro-2020-final-12354757

I did see the tweet, it's on the wiki page, looks like he's in the middle of being cancelled entirely from online existence, social media pages gone, twitter gone, gigs cancelled, agent dropped him, so on.

That was pretty dumb of him tbh.. that was basically racist 1970s type humour. You could probably get away with the reverse if you were a black comedian, say it were white players who missed and black players who scored or even won the match, neo-racism is socially acceptable, but him trying to make a joke that essentially is just black people are bad at penalties is making a joke about a racist generalisation and that's pretty dumb, he deserves the fall out from that.

You can't really criticise neo-racism/wokery unless you're also prepared to criticise/call-out rather blatant, regular old fashioned racism too IMO.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

You're a true samaritan

Yes, well done, very witty :p

The quote from dowie was that "[m]ost of the time people try to throw in straw man arguments". He didn't elaborate on who "people" referred to in this instance and you haven't clarified either. I mean, the only reason I can see for you jumping in the way that you did would be that you had a specific group of people in mind even if dowie didn't. D'you wanna have another go? ;)

Soldato
Fair enough, I wasn't aware that she had. Did Johnson too?

Then again I guess she is the home secretary and presided over all the BLM nonsense last summer so perhaps is a bit fed up with these sorts of political gestures popularised by violent groups like that.

They were just larping, why would she get fed up with a bit of a larp?

Soldato
I only go by the behaviour I see from self-confessed woke people so don't worry, nothing's being made up :)

You're changing a definition to suit your agenda. Just because you think something is X doesnt mean that it is...its just that you think it is.

Its like people saying its a problem to be a feminist. Everyone should be a feminist, just because some go to extremes doesnt change the definition.

Soldato
You're changing a definition to suit your agenda. Just because you think something is X doesnt mean that it is...its just that you think it is.

Its like people saying its a problem to be a feminist. Everyone should be a feminist, just because some go to extremes doesnt change the definition.
Wait, so you are saying folk can be religious, but not religious extremists?

How would one know if the lines are so blurred? Would common sense not prevail and deep preface messaging that the knee has no affiliation with any political parties not be sufficient? You gotta be kiddin' me.

Caporegime
Why would she?

Because it's lame.

And dowie's second favourite way to minimise something/wind up other folk ;)

Pretty accurate though - I've supplied the evidence, one twitter account was previously some k-pop fan and posted about Somali stuff... the other was seemingly some Somali Muslim too - both changed their names and profile pictures and LARPed as racist England supporters, posted racist tweets etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom