Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Pretty accurate though - I've supplied the evidence, one twitter account was previously some k-pop fan and posted about Somali stuff... the other was seemingly some Somali Muslim too - both changed their names and profile pictures and LARPed as racist England supporters, posted racist tweets etc..

'The evidence' - two whole accounts on Twitter? Gosh, certainly both damning and comprehensive :p

Associate
You're changing a definition to suit your agenda. Just because you think something is X doesnt mean that it is...its just that you think it is.

Its like people saying its a problem to be a feminist. Everyone should be a feminist, just because some go to extremes doesnt change the definition.

I haven't seen any behaviour from either feminists or 'woke' people that makes me think it would be right for me to join them. I had a similar conversation years ago with a feminist where I said that I'm all for equality but I don't think people that call themselves feminists know what it actually means. I feel the same about SJWs.

Caporegime
'The evidence' - two whole accounts on Twitter? Gosh, certainly both damning and comprehensive :p

Evidence of the claim being made… there actually weren’t all that many tweets being openly racist like that, maybe some bots posting replies with monkey emojis etc.. the ones that did occur were highlighted and screenshoots of them went viral. That was one of the viral ones.

So it seems there were a small number of racists, a small number of LARPers, a whole load of bots/overseas accounts. And someone defaced a mural but apparently didn’t write anything racist on it.

Of course in a country of >60 million people there will always be a few idiots or just trolls trying to create drama and hype around racism is still a big news story, so this stuff gets amplified massively.

Soldato
Evidence of the claim being made… there actually weren’t all that many tweets being openly racist like that, maybe some bots posting replies with monkey emojis etc.. the ones that did occur were highlighted and screenshoots of them went viral. That was one of the viral ones.

So it seems there were a small number of racists, a small number of LARPers, a whole load of bots/overseas accounts. And someone defaced a mural but apparently didn’t write anything racist on it.

Of course in a country of >60 million people there will always be a few idiots or just trolls trying to create drama and hype around racism is still a big news story, so this stuff gets amplified massively.
Bookmarking this post for the next time you cry white victim.

Soldato
I haven't seen any behaviour from either feminists or 'woke' people that makes me think it would be right for me to join them. I had a similar conversation years ago with a feminist where I said that I'm all for equality but I don't think people that call themselves feminists know what it actually means. I feel the same about SJWs.

Again, youre using the extreme version of these people. Im a feminist as are you...

Caporegime
Again, youre using the extreme version of these people. Im a feminist as are you...

Not necessarily, in fact it's a bit naive to assume this is "extreme" these days, see the nonsense woke books promoted last summer, see the same dumb picture demonstrating "equity" vs "equality".

Equality (of opportunity) used to be the thing to push for but these days there is a push for equality of outcome, of specific groups, which is being labelled "equity".

Man of Honour
You should really read the thread from where you left off.
It's embarrassing having to explain it to you.

I said pages back.

You don't hear Blind\Deaf\Disabled people moaning.
They get call ed names all there lives.

And then it went on from there.
You read it wrong as you always do. Grow and be an adult will ya.
If there is literally anything different about you it will be used as an insult on the internet.
In the time I posted.
That is the best you could come up with! so sad....
:confused: - he was clearly agreeing with you.

I think Disoronos post was in your support. Read slower.
I think you meant Roar87 but no biggie….

Why are you speaking for other people?
Lets the grown ups do the talking :)
Wtf :confused:

Soldato

Ahem...

Sanjay Bhandari, chair of Kick It Out, the campaign group against racism in football, says that data from the last two seasons of football shows around 70 per cent of abuse originates overseas. “These are not football fans,” he says. “They are people who have never been inpside an English football ground.” In part that’s because – while our problem with racism is acute – we don’t have a monopoly on being morons. Italian and French football fans are as likely, if not more likely, to abuse black players with monkey emojis.

Some suggest that Russian or Chinese trolls may have weaponised discontent around football to intensify political and social tensions in England. “It will be totally unsurprising if trolls started sharing bad stuff for these players, given that their goal is to sow public discord, and this is an excellent opportunity to do so,” says Savvas Zannettou of the Max Planck Institute for Informatics in Germany, who studies information warfare online. But to date there is little evidence of what social media platforms call coordinated, inauthentic behaviour.

Totally unlike a poster like JRS to be so sceptical of foreign interference in the domestic affairs of another country to potentially achieve a political aim?

I seem to remember he was quite on on-board with the idea when it came to a certain US president?

Soldato
Unfortunately people like JRS (and people on the opposite end of the spectrum) make great unintentional foot soldiers for regimes trying to spread discourse amoung Western countries.

Caporegime
Sometimes I wonder if i'm on a tech-focused forum...

It literally does not matter if the accounts are fake or if there's just one of them as once the outrage has been sold to the consumer it is too late. By the time the truth is whatsoever relevant, the lie has already achieved it's goal... something that people seem to find acceptable considering this government was elected to power.

If people didn't want post-truth politics... then maybe people ought to have thought harder about those electoral choices over the last few decades.

Last edited:
Soldato
That new statesman article is pretty eliptical, and implies the Rashford defacement was racist - shoddy (Chris Stokel-Walker?) journalism. ..
so if there are newstatemen readers in murals vicinity they believe there are a local racists. -
waiting for twitter to give us a more detailed report on abuse comment origins, like facebook did for usa election.

The pro-knee camp are now characterising/polarising the argument as solely based on the defund the police call, it's more nuanced - rejection of UK being categorised like America and awareness of the local Colston&Co riots, too.

[
In retrospect surprising #metoo didn't establish a gesture (nothing legacy seems associated with suffragette movement - just star emblem), although footballers Ronaldo, giggs ... may not be best exponents.
I'd support a Uyghur empathetic gesture of (as though) manacled hands held above head.

Not sure what olympic committee have said about knee.
]

Associate
Just seen images of Rashford mural with the so called racist graffiti before it was covered up.... There were no racist comments that I can see, or is the act of defacing itself racist because he's black? :(

Regards to the abuse online..

"Guardian analysed more than 585,000 tweets aimed at the players during the group stages and found 44 explicitly racist messages"

Doesn't say where the Tweets originated.

The Centre for Identifying Digital Hate identified 105 instagram accounts that directed racial abuse against Rashford, Saka, and Sancho.

BBC Newsnight analysed the location of these accounts. Of those they could identify 59 outside the UK, and just 5 within the UK.

Sorry but the response from the media and Labour has been disproportionate and disgusting, even the right wing media have lost their minds over this.

Soldato
I do wonder exactly how many accounts were being racist to the footballers. I keep seeing the same handful of tweets over and again. Are we talking about a few dozen? If so then we're always going to get a bunch of knuckle draggers and no amount of "education" or "indoctrination" is going to get rid of them, and taking the knee at football matches is going to do diddly squat. And the suggestion from some in the MSM that this shows that England is institutionally racist is basically rubbish. Name and shame the knuckle draggers, sure.

But i get the feeling that the tweets have given the BLM/SJW bunch fuel to accuse a whole country of being racist. Also, while making remarks about the football skin colour is racist, i feel it's given Marcus Rashford a blank cheque to walk away scott free from that unbelievably bad penalty kick.

Soldato
I do wonder exactly how many accounts were being racist to the footballers. I keep seeing the same handful of tweets over and again. Are we talking about a few dozen? If so then we're always going to get a bunch of knuckle draggers and no amount of "education" or "indoctrination" is going to get rid of them, and taking the knee at football matches is going to do diddly squat. And the suggestion from some in the MSM that this shows that England is institutionally racist is basically rubbish. Name and shame the knuckle draggers, sure.

But i get the feeling that the tweets have given the BLM/SJW bunch fuel to accuse a whole country of being racist. Also, while making remarks about the football skin colour is racist, i feel it's given Marcus Rashford a blank cheque to walk away scott free from that unbelievably bad penalty kick.
Ya'll get triggered by a handful of SJWs posting stuff on Twitter, so what's your line?

Associate

It feels like we've reached the point where even criticizing a black man for anything is considered racist, I really don't know where we go from here.

But yes, they should be discussing his shocking penalty and England again failing the win a major final... But because they're black it seems this isn't allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom