Woman injured as feminists and transgender groups fight at Speakers’ Corner

Soldato
someone highlighted an area where he'd (legitimately IMO) not treat trans women in the same way as women, you then didn't follow the conversation and a few unnecessary posts were required...
Not really an answer to the quoted post but hay ho!
On transgender athletes (which is a tiny number) it would really depend on the individual and the sport what advantage either gender would have, surely?

Caporegime
OP
Not really an answer to the quoted post but hay ho!
On transgender athletes (which is a tiny number) it would really depend on the individual and the sport what advantage either gender would have, surely?

yes, though rather swayed one way in the case of most sports

what agenda exactly were you referring to

Caporegime
OP
Well you are clearly more willing to discuss transgender as an issue than punchups in general

yes, given the context of the thread it is at least a bit more relevant i.e. the subject of the confontation... still going a bit off topic

Caporegime
Holy crap?

Poll

3 options all "who gives a toss?" :p

its like this

Stalin commie Morons LGBGaysTransgendersnowflakes>>>Idiots>>>>Normal people<<< Idiots<<<Left Wing Morons Hitler KKK Trump

Soldato
yes, given the context of the thread it is at least a bit more relevant i.e. the subject of the confontation... still going a bit off topic
I suppose if the Clarkson thread wandered into the problems of over weight, entitled, right wing, climate change denying TV presenter violence and it's resurgence, then we'd have some sort of parity.

Holy crap?

Poll

3 options all "who gives a toss?" :p
No one with a right mind, idiot hits someone, "my god I've never heard of such a thing"!

Soldato
Something weird is going on. I do not recall reading or hearing a collective of words sequenced in this way 10 years ago. I seem to be caught in some bizarre rapid social pseudo-evolution. I feel quite inadequate!

Honestly, I stopped paying attention YEARS ago. It's like stepping into a mud pit full of mentally insane blue-haired crazed pigs. I'm sure if normal people start ignoring them, they'll eventually start fighting among and destroy themselves. They appear to feed off attention, any attention that they can get.

Permabanned
Careful guys. You're at risk of thinking these people actually care about these weird issues.

The whole point is to oppress you so you cant speak without checking if its okay with them first. At risk of losing your job etc.

Soldato
The left is eating it's self at the moment. The problem is that on the whole most of the problems that the left did a good job of solving over the last 50 years have now been solved.

Gender pronouns and other such labelling are very inward looking issues that do not resonate with the masses. The left should be fighting against female genital mutilation and other such real issues, this would bring their credibility back.

Permabanned
Police in the US state of Georgia have shot and killed an LGBT student activist, leading to an independent investigation.

Police encountered Scout Schultz at a campus in Atlanta after a call about "a person with a knife and a gun" late on Saturday, officials say.

Footage has emerged apparently showing Schultz, 21, refusing to obey several police commands to drop a knife.

Schultz's mother said police should not have used lethal force.

In a video filmed by fellow students at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Schultz is heard saying "Shoot me!" while continuing to advance on the officers. One of them then opens fire.

Schultz - who identified as neither male nor female - did not appear to be holding a gun, investigators said, despite what had initially been reported to police.

The computer engineering student later died in hospital, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said.

No police officers from the Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD) were injured in the incident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41302571

Soldato
So, to simplify; stupid person acted stupidly, ignored instructions from law enforcement and was shot.

Read another article. My simplification was a little harsh. :(

Back
Top Bottom