Woo-hoo, clocks go back this weekend

Associate
Well as I predicted my boy didn't get the memo. Been up since 5am GMT and we kept him up late too.

Only eleven years until he is a teenager, then I'll be able to have all the lie ins I want...

Soldato
I had to Google the time this morning to check everything in the house had the right time. Strange no having to change anything.

Watch, smart watch, phone, Alexa, evohome all done themselves.

Soldato
My boy was making noises around 5.55 so that would have been normal time. Annoyingly I got up, used toilet and opened his door but he was in a state of dozing. Went back to my bed on the feint hope he was going back to sleep but no 5 minutes later was shouting the house down.

Soldato
Clocks going back is a good excuse to make sure all the clocks in the house are telling the correct time. Couple of wall clocks and the cordless thermostat were going on for nearly 10 mins fast.

Soldato
Being a person with several sleep issues it takes me quite a while to adjust to the hour changes each year, coupled with having a cat who expects a walk at a certain time in the morning, I can expect to be nagged with 'The stare' for a few days until she adjusts.

Associate
BST +1 and fix it there. I hate the EU but admit I would love to see that proposal get implemented.

Luckily I work flexitime so I can simply adjust my life by an hour to stay the same - thou shall not have my evenings!

I know we invented GMT but we really should give it up. Like the imperial unit system - it’s had it’s day and truely needs to go the way of the dodo.

Back
Top Bottom