World Cup 2010 - GROUP C (England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia) **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny people saying drop Rooney...ok drop him but whos going to get your goals??...sure he had a bad game but he was hardly getting anything decent served to him...Lamps and Gerrard werent effective simple as that...without them feeding Rooney...hes not going to set the WC on fire is he??

Plus i saw a fair few times that Rooney was playing far too deep just to get the ball :/

Right on. Play him where he needs to play and all will be well.
If you dont get the ball to him he will go hunting for it.

Bad tactics by the manager simple as that, but can't believe he made the same mistake twice on the trot :confused:

Wrong squad chosen by the wrong manager - Bring on Mister Rednap ( ps I hate Tottenham ;) )

Rubbish, every big team is expected to win, Spain/Germany/France/England/Brazil

when it doesn't questions are asked and rightly so.

England aren't a big team at international level, they never threaten to win anything, ever.

The whole world thinks that the English public over rate the team and it's clear that a lot of people do. England are only a big team because English people call them one, in terms of performance? No.

Of all the people.......Beckham?? What a dumb ass fan

Will prob find out more info in the morning - but he made it into the dressing room and gave it the verbals after Prince Harry and William left - beckhams name was mentioned on BBC News 24 but i hope it was to the whole team.

I was offered tickets to this match in Cape Town - glad i didnt go, saved myself a lot of money! (they were actually given to Tom Hicks junior :eek: )

England aren't a big team at international level, they never threaten to win anything, ever.

The whole world thinks that the English public over rate the team and it's clear that a lot of people do. England are only a big team because English people call them one, in terms of performance? No.

A "big" team starts with "big" players. England do have that, players that would attract interest from the biggest clubs. All of them. Most real fans of England are pessimistic of our chances, in reality with the players we should be up there. It's simple.

But every time Rooney got the ball, he made an error and gave it away.

Capello said that he would pick the team based on performances and not reputation.

Well, Crouch has the best goals to games ratio, and Defoe looked dangerous he came on. So i would give them a chance. No harm in that IMO.

Rooney needs to be dropped for rooneys sake, he's playing like he knows the shirt is his, like he doesn't have to play well in order to play every game, he needs to be taken off then brung on as a sub, to make him feel like he isn't untouchable. It's like the whole "fight for a place" mentality doesn't apply to him

Thats a very good point to be honest. The problem with Rooney tonight is by the end of the first and the whole second, he didn't put up any fight AT ALL. He wasn't running full speed, he wouldn't go after any potentially loose ball near him, he got the ball and gave it away instantly, he didn't even try and run with the ball, he'd given up.

Fact is England can't win anything with that team, its not good enough, theres no balance, there's not a single defensive midfield in the squad. Lets be clear again, Petrov, Barry and O'neill have said for YEARS that Barry is NOT the DM but Petrov is. Barry is an attacking midfielder and a fairly average one at that, when you look at his stats of a 5-6 goals and 10 assists a season and think for a DM thats brilliant with all that defensive work he almost seems good. When you realise he's the main central attacking midfield presence in a side competiting for top four, its average, at best. His role is the same as Gerrard/Lampard, thats why AGAIN tonight Lampard was frequently far deeper than the other two as Barry runs off out of position with Gerrard already out of position, our best and most consistant central midfielder has the discipline to drop into the hole and offer some cover.

Joe Cole isn't the saviour, he's as average a winger as those we have in the squad. A top team doesn't want him, he's slower than you think, his silky skills rarely work, he was awful for Chelsea for a few years, put in one good season(with a LOT of deflected goals), got injured, has been crap since. Lennon is incredibly average, with a bit of confidence in himself and the players around him average can take you a heck of a long way, without confidence in your team you'll not see him play anything other than average.

The team selected simply isn't capable and even worse, the tactics are utterly woeful. Heskey, Jesus H Christ, the man is the worst player in the premier league, can barely get a game at his own club, can't score to save his life, can't pass, can't run, can't shoot, can't play ruddy football.

We need to drop Heskey AND SEND HIM HOME as a signal of massive change that woeful performances will not be tolerated, Rooney needs dropping for at least a half, maybe a game or two. Defoe and Crouch upfront, I'd probably use a defender of some sort as a defensive midfielder alongside Lampard, shocking that we didn't take Parker as part of the squad, absolutely shocking. I'd be tempted to put Johnson in just to get him out of right back where he can't defend to save his life.

Thing is if you've seen England for the past 2 years, you know Capello is INCAPABLE of making the changes required.

A "big" team starts with "big" players. England do have that, players that would attract interest from the biggest clubs. All of them. Most real fans of England are pessimistic of our chances, in reality with the players we should be up there. It's simple.

A big team is surely one that's often winning or threatening to win trophies imo. I am personally not getting fooled by what I'm told, as far as I'm concerned, I don't think the England players are as good as what the media ram down our throat, along with the Premiership being the best league the world has ever seen business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom