World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

It hasn’t progressed because they clearly oversold the monitor and don’t have stock to fulfil all the orders. I’m in the same boat but it’s not rocket science lol
Well to be fair that's kinda what you start with if you're wanting to push for info or maybe ask for compensation.

Spoke to them about 10minutes ago, said the same as everyone else about their being a shortage. Still expected to ship today (lol.) but if it doesn’t the expected dates will update within 24-48hours.

My flatmates has just turned up

Not just that, also going from 8-bit with dithering to true 10-bit color.

Well, that might actually not be good - at least on LG OLED panels (haven't seen tests of that kind on this one yet) a lot of times 8-bit with dithering actually looks better (less banding) than true 10-bit. On my current LG monitor (IPS) there's virtually 0 difference that I could see, even pixel peeping. I'd love to see tests on the new panel to see if it's even worth bothering messing with custom res etc. or 8-bit with dithering is just as good (if not better).

I think that would be an extra 33hz as the panel is only rated for 10bit colour at 144hz officially if what I have read is correct?

That's not panel's limitation but DP 1.4 port (caused by silly G-Sync module) bandwidth limit.

• I have checked the details and see that the order is in the initial stages of production and I understand that initial estimated shipped date is today 23-03-2022, however unfortunately it has been delayed due to global part shortage that we are experiencing. We are expected to receive the relevant parts sooner, after which your order should be ready to be shipped.

• The revised estimated ship dates are not updated still and we have raised a request to expedite request to our manufacturing team on priority looking at the urgency for the order and we will try our best to ship your order as soon as possible.

• Your order is very important to us. We apologize for any inconvenience this change in delivery may cause and you would receive an automated email in the next 48 hours with the revised dates.

• Due to huge number of orders this has gone out of stock and our factory teams are working closely with our manufacturing units to get the orders fulfilled at the earliest.

• As of now, we are unable to advise an ETA for delivery and you would receive an automated email with the dates within the next 48 hours.

Nothing else offered, just a "tough ****", we oversold it and our stock system is cack :rolleyes:

If that is the case then I'm just going to get an LG C2, hopefully they'll be more readily available.

It just seems that newer orders than mine were shipped though. I'm furious. I'm going to drop kick all my kitchen doors.

If that is the case then I'm just going to get an LG C2, hopefully they'll be more readily available.

It just seems that newer orders than mine were shipped though. I'm furious. I'm going to drop kick all my kitchen doors.

That is the frustrating part. There certainly people whom got confirmation email after 8.10am that have received them. Dell don't care. First time I have personally tried to buy from Dell and tbh not again after this.

Yeah, I think this is the most annoying thing - I wouldn't mind if I'd missed the initial release and ordered after a couple of hours, but there seem to be plenty of us who ordered in the first 5-10 minutes who are potentially having to wait weeks, while people who ordered later have already had theirs delivered :mad:

Still holding out a smidgen of hope for tomorrow since people were getting UPS notifications up until 9pm yesterday, but everything I've seen today suggests these wont be coming till mid April at the very earliest :(

I'm just with a support rep now....

Update: I have checked the details and see the order is estimated to be shipped today however as this has a huge demand we unfortunately have parts shortage. Our team is working to obtain the parts. You will be notified with the revised dates once generated.

Thats me done with the **** show, I'll get an LG C2.

As long as I get it within a month I'm not too fussed. The c2 42 is nearly £500 more and will only get significant savings near black Friday. If they were the same price I would go for the c2.

Yeah, I think this is the most annoying thing - I wouldn't mind if I'd missed the initial release and ordered after a couple of hours, but there seem to be plenty of us who ordered in the first 5-10 minutes who are potentially having to wait weeks, while people who ordered later have already had theirs delivered :mad:

Still holding out a smidgen of hope for tomorrow since people were getting UPS notifications up until 9pm yesterday, but everything I've seen today suggests these wont be coming till mid April at the very earliest :(
Seems like people who had it shipped actually had their orders moved to in production though. Which my second order hasn't.

My original 2am order went to in production within an hour of ordering. Just frustrating I cancelled if people are managed to get them to honour the discounts after the fact.

Why do they keep saying “parts shortage”? They act like they’re building them to order. I guess they’re not allowed to just say they sold too many :rolleyes:

Why do they keep saying “parts shortage”? They act like they’re building them to order. I guess they’re not allowed to just say they sold too many :rolleyes:
I feel like it's just generic wording they use for any product delay. They mainly deal in computers where you do actually select parts, so probably just because of that, lol.

That said apparently people in the US got told it was a issue of them not having enough stands, which if true is a bizarre one to say the least. Not what I expected to be the limitation.

Back
Top Bottom