World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

not to mention, not paying for the alienware brand.

Wait, you think Samsung brand is a cheap one? :) They charge quite a lot for their monitors too (Gx series). In regard to g-sync or not in that coming Samsung one, I've seen conflicting info. Some articles say it has it (supposedly info from Samsung's rep), some said nothing about it. I suspect that aside different looks it will be almost identical internally, including G-Sync module, as it's supposed to be certified both for FreeSync Premium Pro and G-Sync Ultimate.

Wait, you think Samsung brand is a cheap one? :) They charge quite a lot for their monitors too (Gx series). In regard to g-sync or not in that coming Samsung one, I've seen conflicting info. Some articles say it has it (supposedly info from Samsung's rep), some said nothing about it. I suspect that aside different looks it will be almost identical internally, including G-Sync module, as it's supposed to be certified both for FreeSync Premium Pro and G-Sync Ultimate.

alienware branded stuff has always demanded more money for their items, a bit like asus rog items.

You also have to put up with Samsungs crappy firmware which has been known to be a casue of many issues with the G7 and G9 series.

Hear hear... Which is why I am on LG at the moment, after past experiences with Samsung's buggy firmware. Though, OLED doesn't require a lot of the things they had issues with on their VA panels, so chances are it'll be better.

alienware branded stuff has always demanded more money for their items, a bit like asus rog items.

That is true, but Samsung Odyssey is also a premium brand (on the level of ROG and Alienware at least for monitors), hence it just can't be cheap. The only way I see it being cheaper is if it doesn't have G-Sync module but info in articles seem to suggest it does have it.

Having problems getting through on any chat for Dell, what links have people used? thanks
Yeah that's why I asked on the previous page how people were contacting them. If I go to my order and click help with a order status it says live chat isn't available.

Ended up clicking the other options button and opening a email ticket instead...

Yup it's inevitable at this stage now :( If it still hasn't progressed to production by end of day, 100% guaranteed it'll be pushed back.

Yeah there's no way they can't honour it if people have got theirs delivered for the same price, through the same methods. As said, a lot will kick up a stink if they do, especially the "legit" ones i.e. people who work for said companies that are partners with dell.
Still sitting at confirmed. One can only hope that it gets posted today. :p

Says chat unavailable from the order help page in order status even in Chrome for me (was using firefox normally). Guess people are using generic links to live chat and not that specific one?

Will just wait for someone to respond to my email ticket I guess, no rush. Not like this monitor is in any rush to get to me either by the looks of it.

Showing as unavailable for me to, it worked this morning and yesterday via the order details page.
They're probably fed up of everyone asking what's happening with the order.
Maybe they should sort out their systems to do a better job and they would not be getting so many calls then no? Not like they have not been around for decades..

I ordered mine at 8:15, confirmed at 8:30 and has not progressed further.

spoke to dell chat and all they said is they would escalate it to the relevant department and that I should not expect it to be shipped today.

Unavailable for me too now, infuriating as I was waiting until 16:00 to ask why my order still hasn't progressed!
It hasn’t progressed because they clearly oversold the monitor and don’t have stock to fulfil all the orders. I’m in the same boat but it’s not rocket science lol

624279_AW34.jpg

A lot of testing I got 177 Hz at 10-bit color with the above. Anything above 177 Hz frame-skips, so don't bother.

Back
Top Bottom