World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

My status still hasn't updated despite being the first to ship on this forum by a large margin too.....

i6WVmze.png

Never heard of that courier, had a quick google, reports don't seem too bad.

Reading a bit more, apparently they are like a middle man between dell and the actual courier e.g. ups, dpd etc., bit odd....

This looks pretty damn awful here:

fgz33LL.png

That looks like a really badly taken photos (of both panels). That said, there are much better photos out there showing how all subpixels are set on this QD-OLED panel - they're not in a square but more of a hexagonal shape. LG OLED also isn't anything like the standard IPS (which cause a different set of issues on a PC). But most importantly, all the reviews I've seen so far say that you can see some issues on macro or gluing your face to the screen, but from normal view distance (like 1m or so), it's pretty much invisible.

Suspect quite a few will be if August is going to be the new ETA for those who ordered first thing in the morning.... If so, maybe we might get it in May then! :D

That new date shows for new orders only, not the ones already in the system, though. I highly doubt they will push existing orders that far into the future.

That new date shows for new orders only, not the ones already in the system, though. I highly doubt they will push existing orders that far into the future.

True that, still given vegas eta is end of April, not looking great for us really. May is most likely for our early orders now....

I suspect the reason they marked it “sold out” was to give them time to disable all the discount codes from working on it.

Highly likely that was part of the reason they blocked sales for a while - though not only one. As I mentioned earlier, Dell rep told me NONE of the codes should've worked at all from the start, on this brand-new model. That was never intended, which makes sense, really. At least they didn't cancel our orders yet, though we might wait a bit to get them.

Haha nah I'm good thanks ;)

Monitor wise I might as well wait till Black Friday too, should probably do that for the TV as well in honesty so can just save till then. No real rush. Now till end of July is just mental tbh for anyone wanting one.
Haha :D

I suspect the reason they marked it “sold out” was to give them time to disable all the discount codes from working on it.
I recon so.

Highly likely that was part of the reason they blocked sales for a while - though not only one. As I mentioned earlier, Dell rep told me NONE of the codes should've worked at all from the start, on this brand-new model. That was never intended, which makes sense, really. At least they didn't cancel our orders yet, though we might wait a bit to get them.
Glad I got mine through at a discount and I don’t think Dell will miss the money they lost out on too much. Although, I think whoever made the error in Dell is probably on the naughty step!

Throwing my hat into the ring. I ordered on the 22nd. 9:01 order, 9:07 confirmation. It is still stuck on confirmation and "about to enter production". Everyone else seems to be in the low 8am range on the internet...

Didn't get any additional discounts sadly. I went to bed at 1am, no change, got up at 7:30, saw Dell's monitor page still didn't list the monitor, went to work, checked at 9 and saw it was on its own page but not listed with other monitors, uh oh, quickly bought at £1099. I do hope that (relatively) late order doesn't cost months!

Throwing my hat into the ring. I ordered on the 22nd. 9:01 order, 9:07 confirmation. It is still stuck on confirmation and "about to enter production". Everyone else seems to be in the low 8am range on the internet...

Didn't get any additional discounts sadly. I went to bed at 1am, no change, got up at 7:30, saw Dell's monitor page still didn't list the monitor, went to work, checked at 9 and saw it was on its own page but not listed with other monitors, uh oh, quickly bought at £1099. I do hope that (relatively) late order doesn't cost months!

lmao sick username

Within Amex App there are offers from various retailer, so Dell has an offer on, you need to claim it before it expires and use it in that period. They go from everything from Urban Outfitters to The White Company to random smaller shops. You need to check regularly to see what is on offer.

That's one way, the one I saw for Dell isn't £100 though, it was more like £20 or something?

I tracked the £100 offer but my monitor isnt here until end of July, offer ends same time so I may get lucky

I paid with some genuine vouchers and got £60 off.

Ordered 8:12 a.m.
Confirmed at 8:19 a.m

Mine still says about to enter production and delivery expected by 24th, but that clearly isn't going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom