World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Bad News guys...it's has crazy near black gamma flickering :( hopefully it will be addressed with next firmware.
https://youtu.be/Z1hmz0SxQkc
I literally just ordered :( I already have an Oled, which also has the flicker. Its great and I wouldn't swap it, so as my true black is already quenched I will skip this.
I hope it isn't the same issue Lg said vrr flicker is inherant to Oled. It can't be fixed via software. The flicker happens when frametime changes. I had hoped Dell found a hardware fix.

I literally just ordered :( I already have an Oled, which also has the flicker. Its great and I wouldn't swap it, so as my true black is already quenched I will skip this.
I hope it isn't the same issue Lg said vrr flicker is inherant to Oled. It can't be fixed via software. The flicker happens when frametime changes. I had hoped Dell found a hardware fix.
They should fix this. Gsync module is capable of changing gamma on the fly - which should fix this.

They should fix this. Gsync module is capable of changing gamma on the fly - which should fix this.

I have a few months for more info, fingers crossed the gsync module can fix it. Just concerning that it looks to be there, and why release if it can be fixed. Not like there is a rush as there is no oled monitor competition. Vrr flicker is a big downside for a premium gaming monitor. Id think they would release without flicker for the slam dunk.

Kind of glad I missed this yesterday. Can really justify £900 on a monitor right now.

My code is still working so can get it for £901 but have held off all day, think I’ll see what else comes out towards the end of the year and then decide what to do.

@mrk must have fapped himself into a coma over it. Been very quiet since his last post..... :p ¬_¬

:D

I've been busy faffing about with dusty cables and routing stuff, got it all set up how I like and spent some time observing in both creator mode and custom colour modes out the box. Creator mode in sRGB setting in the OSD is visibly more natural than any other mode I've found.

Currently running DisplayCAL and seeing what the result is for custom colour mode. I'm running 175Hz in 8 bit with sRGB colour space. No software has a specific QD-OLED profile yet for measuring and calibrating but with generic settings and auto detect in DisplayCAL it seems to be working so far although the black point is going to have to be measured as is since manually setting that to be matched with the target vs actual throws off the white point values too so am just running with manual adjustment in the osd for white point and RGB then letting the calibration profile adjust for the rest Inc black point.

There are a few observations I've noticed lok the fan being audible in my environment since my PC is super quiet, the fan can also ramp up frol time to time and you can hear that. It's not distracting I guess but it's more am ambient low hum that I can hear and it's more obvious than my PC which as mentioned is as silent as it can get without actually being off.

The AR coating is a total non issue and the text fringing isn't noticeable after adjusting clear type etc too.

Pics to follow once I load up Lightroom!

BTW my box arrived without any battering, just some scuff marks from storage by the looks of it. IMO the LG 34UM95-P I have feels better to the touch because of the solid metal frame surrounding the panel whilst the panel itself on the OLED looks superior obviously.

Not too worried about that flickering since I didn't really get bothered by it on my 48" CX.
I'm quite sensitive to it. I even reported about a raise in gamma at 60 before 120 was enabled via 2.1 gpu's. Id moved from an oled without vrr, got excited about my new vrr oled. Within 2 mins of my first game I could tell the near blacks were slightly raised. A little disappointing. However overall I much prefer oled. Tbh i don't notice the flicker in many games, but there are a few were its too distracting when I play eg the ascent and The Medium were particularly bad. Never had a monitor in the past, that I had to turn off a main feature for certain games.

Starting to get worried about my first order delivery status now, still apparently not in transit, just checked trustpilot and courier looks awful, why use a courier with **** poor ratings...... :mad:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.syncreon.com?page=4

Have sent dell an email on that and to follow up.

Be surprised if that one ever shows up meaning it'll probably have to be cancelled.....

Has anyone else got the same courier and had their status show more than "just shipped"?

:D

I've been busy faffing about with dusty cables and routing stuff, got it all set up how I like and spent some time observing in both creator mode and custom colour modes out the box. Creator mode in sRGB setting in the OSD is visibly more natural than any other mode I've found.

Currently running DisplayCAL and seeing what the result is for custom colour mode. I'm running 175Hz in 8 bit with sRGB colour space. No software has a specific QD-OLED profile yet for measuring and calibrating but with generic settings and auto detect in DisplayCAL it seems to be working so far although the black point is going to have to be measured as is since manually setting that to be matched with the target vs actual throws off the white point values too so am just running with manual adjustment in the osd for white point and RGB then letting the calibration profile adjust for the rest Inc black point.

There are a few observations I've noticed lok the fan being audible in my environment since my PC is super quiet, the fan can also ramp up frol time to time and you can hear that. It's not distracting I guess but it's more am ambient low hum that I can hear and it's more obvious than my PC which as mentioned is as silent as it can get without actually being off.

The AR coating is a total non issue and the text fringing isn't noticeable after adjusting clear type etc too.

Pics to follow once I load up Lightroom!

BTW my box arrived without any battering, just some scuff marks from storage by the looks of it. IMO the LG 34UM95-P I have feels better to the touch because of the solid metal frame surrounding the panel whilst the panel itself on the OLED looks superior obviously.

Sounds promising! Look forward to seeing the fancy photos!

Back
Top Bottom