World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

What do you mean? As in you ordered when it was full price and they are offering a discount?
I said I was interested and wanted to know if it was immediate payment or dispatch. Ended the chat. Now I have an email from them for 837.

I didn't see the email and ordered at 1099, guess ill cancel and reorder at 837.

This was 1900 this evening.

Highly likely that was part of the reason they blocked sales for a while - though not only one. As I mentioned earlier, Dell rep told me NONE of the codes should've worked at all from the start, on this brand-new model. That was never intended, which makes sense, really. At least they didn't cancel our orders yet, though we might wait a bit to get them.

That doesnt really make sense, why would they be offering discounts to match the codes on chat if they shouldnt be valid?

Yay mine is due to arrive tomorrow and hasn't even shipped yet or entered production.

Can't wait for the shipping email at 3am and the UPS out for delivery text at 9am :D

front-angle-1.jpg

Ok so here's my thoughts after several hours!

Firstly, the colours out of box vs calibrated, I found the Creator mode set to sRGB to be the most eye pleasing and natural "feeling" to my eyes. But running DisplayCAL on this mode showed that it was slightly off from 6500K when the luminance even after setting the brightness to my target preference:

precalibration_sRGB%20-%208bit%20-%20Creator%20Mode%20-%20Whitepoint.jpg

So I set it to Game mode and custom colour from within where you can then adjust RGB and ran a calibration session which resulted in this result which I am very happy with. Even after this result, the look of everyhting on screen appears different to the IPS panel and matte coating I've been used to for since basically forever. This will take some adjusting. It's mostly due to black and dark colours being so rich and pure, and the coating on the panel is glossy so light and blacks aren't diffused. I have no issues with reflections either, I find one of my Hue light orbs behind me at the far end of the room is now no longer a distraction as the white light isn't being diffused by a matte surface coating like on the LG so I'd normally have it off when working at the desk. Now it's a subtle AR controlled reflection that has a reddish tint to it, much like how a watch AR coating on top does on reflections. I like this.

The Gsync fan noise, it does ramp up from time to time I have found, though infrequent. Here is a video showing what it sounds like:

^Recorded on my phone which has good mics but you may want to up your volume to hear it best. This is more audible than my PC as mentioned but I appreciate that my PC is quieter than most laptops out there so this is to be expected I guess although you will be able to hear the fan as an ambient hum in any moderately quiet room. the noise does not really distract from watching content etc though.

Panel uniformity, stuck pixels etc... No issue to report. It feels like it weighs less than my old LG 34UM95-P, even though they are similar on paper. The LG had a solid metal frame, this is all plastic fantastic aside from the front panel.

I like the way the cables are tucked in the back and have routing so that they exit through the middle through one area. Tidy. This is even before you install the back cover if you choose to do so.

I REALLY like the VESA 100x100 mounting bracket., makes using this on an arm a total breeze. Essentially attach bracket to the arm plate, then slot the monitor on the bracket. Classic Dell mounting system which I am fond of but they never had a separate bracket like this in the past with monitors, you instead had to screw the arm directly onto the monitor after detaching the stock stand. This system also means if I ever need to make use of the 3yr warranty and get it swapped out, then it's a simple case of unplugging 3 cables from the back, then pressing the eject button for the bracket.

I like 144Hz scrolling (am in 10bit but working in sRGB/SDR only), things are so smooth and fluid :D

Some photos, some of these were with the DSLR before I packed it away and used the phone, just incase anyone wonders why there's a PQ difference :p

corner-rear-angle.jpg

front-USB.jpg

front-angle-DSLR-desktopwallpaper.jpg

back-top.jpg

LG-demo-youtube.jpg

front-angle-2.jpg

And some quick Cyberpunk 2077, Gsync Ultimate is pretty sweet, kept vsync off and let the module do its thing, no max fps set in game any more as on the 60Hz monitor it had to be capped at 60 to keep things smooth, now all limits are off and it's just so smooth and instant, especially the fact that it's max RTX lol.

Dell or DisplayCAL? The brightness and contrast are retained between modes on the OSD itself it seems, so switching to another mode you will have to recalibrate or re-adjust and store those B/C/RGB values for that mode you are in.

Hah no attack! It's all positive hopes really.

Even though I'm happy with mine, there are still some things I don't immediately like, for example why is custom colour mode for RGB control buried under the Game Mode parent menu? What has that got to do with gaming! Likewise Creator mode???

And why is RGB control only available in Custom Colour mode, why is it not a part of Creator mode where you would think a creator would actually want to adjust those things?!

Back
Top Bottom