World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Bad News guys...it's has crazy near black gamma flickering :( hopefully it will be addressed with next firmware.
https://youtu.be/Z1hmz0SxQkc

This looks faulty - NVIDIA tests for flickering and the likes, and if any is detected, monitor does NOT get G-Sync certification. Which is one of the reasons I always bought the ones with certification from them (usually just G-Sync compatible) and never had any vrr flicker of any kind then. And this model has G-Sync Ultimate, hence it seems to be some fault of that particular unit.

This looks faulty - NVIDIA tests for flickering and the likes, and if any is detected, monitor does NOT get G-Sync certification. Which is one of the reasons I always bought the ones with certification from them (usually just G-Sync compatible) and never had any vrr flicker of any kind then. And this model has G-Sync Ultimate, hence it seems to be some fault of that particular unit.

Gsync compatible does absolutely not gaurantee flicker free experience- all LG OLEDs are gsync compatible and yet all of them have near black flickering

But I would have hoped since this is Gsync ultimate it would be different. Can anyone else here replicate this flickering?

How do you replicate it? I have yet to see any flickering on any test screen I've been viewing during calibration and colour checking etc. I'm on 10bit SDR 144Hz though.

I noticed a bug in the lighting settings in the OSD. Set your chosen lighting values etc and power the screen off, when you turn on they won't be remembered it seems. Had to install the Alienware Comman Centre app to then disable the lighting which stores to monitor. Can then uninstall the app no probs.

Hah no attack! It's all positive hopes really.

Even though I'm happy with mine, there are still some things I don't immediately like, for example why is custom colour mode for RGB control buried under the Game Mode parent menu? What has that got to do with gaming! Likewise Creator mode???

And why is RGB control only available in Custom Colour mode, why is it not a part of Creator mode where you would think a creator would actually want to adjust those things?!

This is the biggest issue with the panel currently. OSD settings are randomly enabled/disabled In diff modes. There’s not a single mode with full controls enabled.

The Gsync fan noise, it does ramp up from time to time I have found, though infrequent.
A fan in a monitor… :rolleyes:

I don’t have a silent case no more so probably won’t hear it hopefully.

Probably been asked before, but when was your order time and confirmation time?

How do you replicate it? I have yet to see any flickering on any test screen I've been viewing during calibration and colour checking etc. I'm on 10bit SDR 144Hz though.

I noticed a bug in the lighting settings in the OSD. Set your chosen lighting values etc and power the screen off, when you turn on they won't be remembered it seems. Had to install the Alienware Comman Centre app to then disable the lighting which stores to monitor. Can then uninstall the app no probs.

by playing a game with gsync or vrr turned on in fullscreen where the game has near black scenes (not bright, not pitch black, in between half black half grey)

I can produce the flicker very consistently in this game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Pictures_Anthology:_Little_Hope

because the game has perfect scenes to produce the flicker

And in some scenes it happens in this game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_(video_game)

front-angle-2.jpg

Is that an Ergotron MX, and if so, have you noticed any issues? Ergotron recommends the LX over the MX for this monitor.

@mrk got a link to the wallpaper? Probably one of your photos? :)

In other news, 1st order still just showing as shipped.... and 2nd order still on confirmed status despite it supposedly being shipped yesterday, what a surprise! :p

Hey mrk, can you try this program:
https://easyupload.io/13xa4w
This is the one that replicates flicker on mine. If yours dont flicker, than I have a faulty gsync module.

Back
Top Bottom